CGT in S. FL!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 05:26 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CGT in S. FL!!

Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to let the S. FL people know that Champion has just recieved its first Carrera GT and I am told its in the showroom. My buddy has seen it in person and said it is stunning!! I have a service appt. Wed. and will see it then (and take pics). I am told it is Silver/Black. Thought you guys would want to know to go check it out!!
Old 03-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

How'd they manage to convince the customer to let them put the car in the showroom? Reeves in Tampa received their first GT3 on 2/27 and the customer picked it up on 2/28 (I was bummed because I was there on 3/1).
Old 03-08-2004, 06:54 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Steve in FL
How'd they manage to convince the customer to let them put the car in the showroom? Reeves in Tampa received their first GT3 on 2/27 and the customer picked it up on 2/28 (I was bummed because I was there on 3/1).
I am not sure...he said the car would be gone by the end of the week though... he said they have two more coming in the next few weeks...
Old 03-12-2004, 09:07 PM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

was going to be in the area today, so called champion before we headed that way - the person who answered laughed when asked if they still had the CGT in the showroom (i guess she had had that questions a few times, lately) and said that it was already on its way to the owner in CA.....
Old 03-12-2004, 11:52 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Default over a year of waiting...

...and my car is finaly here. Thanks for keeping an eye on it for me Evan

Old 03-13-2004, 12:39 AM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Where did you get to sit in that thing Max?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
VERY COOL!!!!!!
Washington:Yes the car left Tue. Afternoon at around 2PM, truck was leaving as I got there for a service appt.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:14 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by AMG ETR
Where did you get to sit in that thing Max?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
VERY COOL!!!!!!
In my garage.... I wish! Photo taken in Leipzig during a customer exhibition day, AKA the CGT taxi ride with Sasha Massen. I got to goto Leipzig, got the full tour of the CGT production line, ride in the CGT, check it out up close and personal, and drive a TT, GT2, and C4 all on the Leipzig test track. Then when that was all done, I got to come home and pick up my GT3. What a week!
Old 03-15-2004, 10:33 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sloth, after doing the Leipzig thing, I can tell you I have an even healthier respect for the GT3. It is an absolutely amazing track performer. The GT2 was pretty sweet but the GT3 is the real deal. The car was just amazing and if I could have only one Porsche (excluding the CGT) and it couldn't be a cab, it would most definetely be the GT3. It is the pinnacle of 911.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:31 PM
Flypuck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Saw my first C GT today on a flatbed leaving the Collection in Miami. It followed me into CocoPlum. It was Silver with Terra Cotta interior and had Miami Hurricane tags! It was amazing!
Old 03-15-2004, 09:40 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Glad to see it went to a Cane :-)
Old 03-17-2004, 01:48 AM
agentpennypacker
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too bad wasn't a Gator : )
Old 03-22-2004, 12:58 AM
Harv K
Track Day

Default CGT Taxiride

Heard the taxicab ride in the CGT was pretty amazing . My father inlaw was there and actually got so sick from going around the turns so fast he had to get out after 2 laps . Maybe you guys met him , hard to miss because he is about 6 feet 5 inches tall . I wish I was able to be there and experience such an event and even here the food was pretty impressive that was served .

Regards,

Harv

PS - what insane picts I have from him !
Old 03-22-2004, 10:00 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

yep, he did disappear pretty early. he didn't make it to dinner afterwards either.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:01 AM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Re: CGT Taxiride

Originally posted by Harv K
Heard the taxicab ride in the CGT was pretty amazing . My father inlaw was there and actually got so sick from going around the turns so fast he had to get out after 2 laps . Maybe you guys met him , hard to miss because he is about 6 feet 5 inches tall . I wish I was able to be there and experience such an event and even here the food was pretty impressive that was served .
You heard correct, the CGT taxi ride was a very memorable experience. I am proud to say that nobody from my group got sick, though the same could not be said for the Colm's group that went the day before us. Colm, how many got sick that day???

The food they served at the factory and the restaurants they took us to in Leipzig were all excellent. PAG was very accommodating and hospitable to us all, a true first class event.

Quick Reply: CGT in S. FL!!