Sponsored by:

Carrera GT Is Becoming A Sales Success

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 01:05 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, that's much harder to do in S. Cal than in Ohio :-)
Old 01-22-2004, 01:24 AM
Les Quam
Pro

Ben and Mike , I have to tell you when I read your most recent post's. They really gave me a huge belly laugh. Well if the price doesn't bother you two why should I worry about it. If other cars can keep up with us we'll just tell them to check out all our carbon fibre,or we can show them our custom luggage, or our balsa shift ****!!!! But seriously when compared to an Enzo it's a bargain. Really. And as my salesperson keeps telling me life is no dress rehearsal. But holy cow I can't even begin to imagine what the taxes and insurance will cost? See their I go again with my negative vibes!
Old 01-22-2004, 02:16 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

"If other cars can keep up with us we'll just tell them to check out all our carbon fibre,or we can show them our custom luggage, or our balsa shift ****!!!!"

we drive p-cars, we're used to other cars keeping up with us for less. it gives us enormous empathy for those poor f-car owners. at least we get to drive ours for more than 1000 miles/year and don't need annual overahul bills.

"But holy cow I can't even begin to imagine what the taxes and insurance will cost?"

a nissan ad came on tonight advertising a new sentra for $15k. i told my wife we could buy a couple with the CGT taxes. she wasn't as amused as i had hoped :-)

"And as my salesperson keeps telling me life is no dress rehearsal."

remember that movie "born yesterday" when john goodman said "you don't save money, you make it"? besides, it sounds like your sales"person" has a special ability to always make sense :-)
Old 01-22-2004, 09:43 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Count me in Ben, i'm telling my wife you talked me into it..... Perhaps we could start a CGT buyers support group to help us explain to all who don't understand why we NEED a CGT. For example when I hear that voice in my head I could call someone in the group to talk me through the anxiety attack. Sort of a 12 step recovery and support group.( recovery from the sticker shock, and insurance bill).
Old 01-25-2004, 05:47 AM
Sean M.
Instructor

In my state, license plate cost is calculated according to the value of the vehicle. (A policy I find ridiculous, because it penalizes people for driving nice cars while giving a free ride to owners of old dump trucks that destroy roads. But I digress...) I figure the license plate for the CGT would cost over $7k annually - plus an extra $50 if you want a personalized tag.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:06 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Black on Black all the way! The one I saw was that, and that's my fave color combo!

- Julie
Old 02-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Rob993
Rennlist Member

W8MM (Mike) You have been fortunate to drive many Porsches.

Question: If you were only allowed to drive a porsche for 1 more day, which of all the Porsches you had/have would you drive?

My apologies that this did not fit the thread.

Thanks
Rob
Old 02-18-2004, 08:45 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally posted by Rob993

Question: If you were only allowed to drive a porsche for 1 more day, which of all the Porsches you had/have would you drive?
Boy, that's a tough one.

If my wish were restricted to race track driving, and I had a crew to help me, the 962 is a no-brainer.

If I had to do everything myself and would still be restricted to a race track, then the IROC 911RS would be my choice.

If I were restricted to only a street ride, then it's a toss up between the TT coupe and the TT Cab, depending on the weather.

Cheers,
Old 02-18-2004, 01:06 PM
Flott Leben
Addict
Rennlist Member

Come on Mike, a 928 (perhaps a GTS?) didn't make the cut?!?!
Old 02-18-2004, 01:25 PM
vicente
Advanced

Yeeea!

Old 02-18-2004, 03:30 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Flott Leben
Come on Mike, a 928 (perhaps a GTS?) didn't make the cut?!?!
Well, no they didn't.

Why? I'm kinda tall (6'4", 44L/XL jacket) and I didn't have as much elbow or head room in the 928s as in the 996TT.

In fact, for a while in the '80s, Porsche had an all out war on tall guys fitting in their cars. Now it's much better.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Flott Leben
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks, Mike. I can understand those reasons. (I'm a bit biased! )

I am interested to hear how your answers change after a few weeks with the CGT. It just may win out in all three categories!!
Old 02-19-2004, 02:20 AM
Rob993
Rennlist Member

I guess that's an interesting point in respect to leg room. Mike, hopefully the CGT will have lots of room to stretch out!
I am looking at updating my 993 only based on lack of leg room (I'm 6'2"). The 996 has much better legroom vs the 993.

Rob
Old 02-19-2004, 08:48 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Rob993
I guess that's an interesting point in respect to leg room. Mike, hopefully the CGT will have lots of room to stretch out!

Rob
I went to the Geneva car show introduction event for the Carrera GT to make sure that I WOULD fit!

I fit fine. There is more legroom in the Carrera GT than I can remember in ANY previous Porsche, including the 962 which I had to modify (to be IMSA illegal) by moving the pedal box forward of the front axle line by a few inches.

YMMV, I wear 36" inseam trousers.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:28 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is completely off topic so I must give a apology to the thread starter. I wanted to thank w8mm for always looking out for the spirited driver. I have your product's in every vehicle I own including my current porsche's. I am a young man(reaching only 21 year's of age) but, I have grown up around Porsche's and racing. I remember my father making the switch with you to your current endevor. I own three and I feel they have paid for themselves many times over. Once again my apologies for the very off topic comment's it's just I realized who you are and wanted to say thankyou and cheer's.

cheer's

Quick Reply: Carrera GT Is Becoming A Sales Success