Notices
Porsche Memorabilia The place to post cherished keepsakes and mementos of our favorite marque

[Help] - Need more info: Recaro Hans Pro Racer

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 04:31 PM
dmitriy
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question [Help] - Need more info: Recaro Hans Pro Racer

Rennlisters,

Signed up for an account to get some clarity here.

Got a seat, with mounts, and a play seat from a buddy - he said it was purchased from a Porsche cup car mechanic who was able to keep the seat after the winning race.

I have no idea how rare this is, I can't fit into it comfortably so it's been collecting dust.

If it's rare I'd rather keep it as memorabilia otherwise I'd rather it find a good home where it'll be properly used.

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2014, 12:47 AM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

It may be rare, but I doubt it's desirable.

Seats expire after a few years from when they are FIA certified. So in terms of being a legal race seat, used seats generally are pretty undesirable because they are no longer valid.

It also looks to be fairly well used.

If the name on the bottom cushion (Fispec?) is a driver's last name it could be a specific cushion they swapped in (when doing driver changes) for that driver. But it might just be a name? IDK. Not that it would really add to the desirability though.

Also, this is I guess technically the right forum based on the question your asking. However I think this forum is largely suited towards scale models, literature, posters, etc.

You could try posting in the Cup Car Forum. <--------- click.

Could be a cool desk chair.

Take care,

Quick Reply: [Help] - Need more info: Recaro Hans Pro Racer