Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Macan S 20” Wheels – OEM Factory Summer Tires?

Old 03-23-2017, 01:29 PM
Type 2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Macan S 20” Wheels – OEM Factory Summer Tires?

For the 2017 Macan S, what brand of tires has been fitted by the factory (PAG) on the optional OEM 20 inch wheels for US delivery when a “summer tire” is ordered/specified as a no cost option. The optional wheels are the 20” Macan SportDesign, and the 20” RS Spyder Design.

From research, it appears the following brands are OEM Porsche “NO” (current generation of tire PAG approved) equipment as to “summer tires” are being put on the two wheel designs given above at Leipzig prior to US delivery:

MICHELIN LATITUDE SPORT 3 (NO) Street/Sport Truck Summer
Front: 265/45R20 104Y
Rear: 295/40R20 106Y

PIRELLI P ZERO (NO) Max Performance Summer
Front: 265/45R20 104Y
Rear: 295/40R20 106Y

Two questions, 1) are these the two brands of summer tires that are currently fitted for US delivery with 20” wheels, or 2) are the other tire brands that new US 2017 Macan S owners, with optional OEM 20” inch wheels, have taken delivery as summer tires from the factory?.

Thanks for any input. Type 2
Old 04-04-2017, 01:26 PM
BenDiem
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

I ordered a '17 Macan S in March of last year. Early production ordered with optional 20" sport wheels, that look like the 20" wheels on a 991. I don't like the spyder design at all. Too busy... My S was fitted with Michelin Lattitudes.

I have not seen Pirelli tires on a Macan S. I can't quite make out your second question...

Cheers/B
Old 04-04-2017, 03:18 PM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 42 Posts

not sure for the 20" wheels, but 21" wheels on Macan S i'm looking at are Pirelli P Zero
Old 04-09-2017, 01:55 PM
Type 2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 20" Summer Tires Follow Up

Originally Posted by BenDiem
I ordered a '17 Macan S in March of last year. Early production ordered with optional 20" sport wheels, that look like the 20" wheels on a 991. ....

I have not seen Pirelli tires on a Macan S. I can't quite make out your second question... Cheers/B
BenDiem & Saru385:

Thanks for your input regarding OEM summer tires installed at Leipzig. From a similar question on another forum, two new owners received their individual Macan S Porsches with optional 20 inch wheels (one with SportDesign wheels and one with RS Spyder Design wheels) with summer Pirelli P Zeros installed.

On this forum, BenDiem stated that on his 20” SportDesign wheels came with summer Michelin Latitudes. From a very small sample of three Macan S vehicles with optional 20” wheels, that is two with P Zeros and one with Latitudes. Relying on a sample size that any statistician would say is not valid, I have two to one chance to get P Zeros in a Euro delivery in September.

As to the 21 inch wheels, Saru385 has P Zeros and a Macan Turbo with 21” inch wheels of a friend also has P Zeros.

My second question is are there any other tire brands that are OEM as summer tires on 20 inch wheels? So far Michelin and Pirelli are the only two reported installed on 20 inch wheels at Leipzig. Best Regards, Type 2
Old 04-10-2017, 04:49 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Type 2
BenDiem & Saru385:

Thanks for your input regarding OEM summer tires installed at Leipzig. From a similar question on another forum, two new owners received their individual Macan S Porsches with optional 20 inch wheels (one with SportDesign wheels and one with RS Spyder Design wheels) with summer Pirelli P Zeros installed.

On this forum, BenDiem stated that on his 20” SportDesign wheels came with summer Michelin Latitudes. From a very small sample of three Macan S vehicles with optional 20” wheels, that is two with P Zeros and one with Latitudes. Relying on a sample size that any statistician would say is not valid, I have two to one chance to get P Zeros in a Euro delivery in September.

As to the 21 inch wheels, Saru385 has P Zeros and a Macan Turbo with 21” inch wheels of a friend also has P Zeros.

My second question is are there any other tire brands that are OEM as summer tires on 20 inch wheels? So far Michelin and Pirelli are the only two reported installed on 20 inch wheels at Leipzig. Best Regards, Type 2

Only the Latitude Sport 3 and P Zero are fitted for Summer 20" tires for any Macan.

In terms of which one, it changes month to month, even recently. What we kind of know is that if the cars are built in the same month of production cycle, they've came with same tires as far as we've seen. I did have seen more Michelins and Pirellis so far, roughly 10-15 cars with Michelins and 20+ cars with Pirellis.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Macan S 20” Wheels – OEM Factory Summer Tires?