Macan 2014-Current

Sedan transition to Macan

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 07:08 PM
PUZZ1
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Sedan transition to Macan

Hi folks. The more I see the Macan the more I'm intrigued. My current DD is a 2015 Audi A8 - short wheelbase (still 117 inches though). Very comfortable and well equipped. However it just doesn't have that X/fun factor. My chief concern is that the Macan will be way too small. We have two school aged children and my wife has a Q7 that would still serve as family hauler. It's the occasional trip with coworkers or a client in the back seat that is concerning. Anyone arrive at the Macan after a sedan?
Old 03-01-2017, 07:32 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

go road test one
Old 03-01-2017, 07:48 PM
LOUISSSSS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the macan is a bit smaller than your A8 & Q7, which are both full size cars. the macan is a larger-sized compact car. if you're looking to take your clients for a ride, they'll like the car, but if they're taller than 6ft in the back they will feel it.

but.... go to a dealership to look at one.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Philip Goughary
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Coming from an A8, you're going to find the Macan small. It's the same interior size as an A4 or Q5, with less luggage capacity.

Having said that, we put 6' + passengers in the back of ours frequently with no issues at all.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:51 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

If it is just on occasion that you will have people in the back you will be fine. There is enough room but as others have said, much less than a A8.

The driving position is between a sedan and a SUV.

You'll probably find the Macan much more sporty but a little less luxurious than your A8.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:21 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 269 Posts

If you're growing tired of large vehicles and want a sportscar in CUV clothing, the Macan is it. It has that X/Fun factor you're looking for. If you buy one, study the options list, ask questions and get what you want. Once obtained, you'll start thinking up excuses to go somewhere in it. The Macan is one helluva good-looking, bad-azz vehicle!
Old 03-07-2017, 01:13 AM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by NC TRACKRAT
If you're growing tired of large vehicles and want a sportscar in CUV clothing, the Macan is it. It has that X/Fun factor you're looking for. If you buy one, study the options list, ask questions and get what you want. Once obtained, you'll start thinking up excuses to go somewhere in it. The Macan is one helluva good-looking, bad-azz vehicle!
Completely agree - I went from a Panamera GTS to a Macan GTS and love it. Macan drives so well, and love the PDK. Sounds great, handles so well. Very happy.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:27 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

I went from an Infiniti G35S - a mid size sedan with good enough back seat room to fit adults for long road trips- to a Macan S. It is commodious in front, and has a bit less room in the back but I have taken 2 adults on a 200 mile trip with no complaints.

If you want A8 room in the back get a Cayanne. For me the Macan is better because it is the right size for more fun.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:25 AM
skl2
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 146 Posts

Went from the Macan to an S8 for backseat room with infant seats. Macan was awesome but small. Interior was better but less roomy than even my parents Q5. Can't imagine having full sized adults in the back regularly, but I did a few times...just made sure to adjust the fronts so they were no completely uncomfortable. Miss the PDK!!
Old 03-11-2017, 07:40 PM
carciofigiudia
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to consider the SQ5. The current 2017 is one inch shorter, yet more spacious in both the cabin and the booth.

The Macan is 3" lower so people without hip flexibility can't get in easily. I am 5'7" and I fit comfortably behind my own seat, but my hair touches the roof liner.

The Macan is definitely a less practical choice.

I find the SQ5 much more fun also. The Macan is technically superior and handles a bit better in curves, but the SQ5 engine is to die for. I test drove the Macan S and it seemed a bit underpowered even compared to the SQ5. And their performance is supposed to be similar. The supercharged engine is and sounds so much better than Macan S turbo equivalent (even with sports exhausts).
Old 03-16-2017, 02:15 PM
Adk46
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 161 Posts

People in the back are moochers, getting a free ride. They'd better not complain. It doesn't matter. PDK matters.

Quick Reply: Sedan transition to Macan