Macan 2014-Current

Square Setup on GTS

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 08:50 PM
Raek
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Square Setup on GTS

So, I have a set of 20x10 wheels at my disposal.

Is it possible to run this setup without causing all sorts of panic from the PASM?
Old 02-20-2017, 10:29 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Raek
So, I have a set of 20x10 wheels at my disposal.

Is it possible to run this setup without causing all sorts of panic from the PASM?
PASM won't care. PSM might, but it typically only cares if the rolling diameter of the tire/wheel is very different between the front and rear. Depending on wheel offsets you might have some rubbing and not able to go full lock on the steering.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:10 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 69 Posts

Todd is right. Keep the changes between 5% of what the front and rear "should be" and the PSM system won't complain; it monitors differences in rotation speeds (plus yaw, etc.) to decide to intervene. I put track r-compound rubber on my Boxster and kept the OD (outer diameter) within 3% of stock and the system didn't complain about how much the traction had changed. Even saved my butt on a cold day when r-comps were essentially rocks rather than tires.

You can change tire sizes all you want, just don't make the front/rear difference more than 5% of stock.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:34 AM
tlp
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

10" rears will fit up front with no rubbing and work fine although they will stick out a bit more the rears if your using the same ET. If you may want to run a 5/10mm rear spacer of you want the track/stance to look balanced assuming that will go true square.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:25 PM
Raek
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome, thanks guys! I have some spacers in varying sizes that I can play with.

Quick Reply: Square Setup on GTS