03 Audi RS6 to a 16 Macan Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 01:06 PM
Jerrygreene
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts
Default 03 Audi RS6 to a 16 Macan Turbo

In all fairness to both cars, i've only had the Macan less than a week;

The RS6 was incredible in the snow, turn traction control off, running Snow tires, this car could not be stopped. Offering up 450 hp was forever seamless with control via paddle shifters . This car would dispatch with any driver that got in its way. Stealthy & just gone i love this car.. but the last 3 years i spent almost 15K to keep it up. Comfort good, although at near 100k miles it was time to part.

Enter a 16' Macan Turbo, first impression. Its no RS6. Felt like i had to wind it up to get it to go... Buttons to push, settings etc.. Seems to me to be off from what i expected from a turbo porsche.

Now it seems its snowing every where in US right now... Last few days driving here in Minnesota in snow,.... turn off "traction control", check. Set "sport mode" on, check, "Heated seat" on ,check Found the steering wheel "heat button" on, check. Tires in fairness are all season, ( will get 2nd set of wheels next year with "Snow Tires")

Back to driving..... Car in selected modes now is on par with RS6 in snow, smile beginning to happen. Traction is great, stop light starts , no one comes close. Love the sound of down shifts.. can't get enough... Car is predictable in turns with rear end stepping out a bit, ....time though will help hone my skill with a SUV on steroids .. This Macan grows on you, its got all kinds of things that make ic come alive. The RS6 will forever remain implanted in my brain, However i do see a new light thats now glowing brighter each time i drive it... Hmmm Now where to mount to 9500ix.....??
Old 01-12-2017, 06:45 AM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Curious, does your turbo have PTV? And do you think, over time, you will ever find much excuse to use the Sports Plus mode?

I've had a RS6 in the near past and loved it as well. So it seems we might be similar driving enthusiasts. Im looking at Macan GTS's seriously and 'maybe' a Turbo.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Jerrygreene
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts

Brad, nope, no PTV... maybe wished i got it?? Have not driven one with.... Sport plus is too much, Sport is just fine in snow.... This is a winter vehicle for the most part....991 pictured is the summer wheels.

FYI i did learn on the Macan board though, there may be a way to "turn off the main screen" and still hear the radio.... at night its such a pain having it glowing...
Old 01-12-2017, 07:54 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

That was my thought on Sport Plus, too. I use it in my Carrera S on the track, but never on the street. So was thinking about not ordering that option. I was thinking PTV might help the understeer of a heavy SUV during cornering, but just don't know how often it would be useful in daily driving. For me it would be more of a safety thing. But maybe I am overthinking it.

Not sure about the main screen. I think playing the radio does light up the panel with the station controls. Not sure how to turn it off. Never tried.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:36 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Winter tires make a huge difference. Put a set on an A8 and even dragging it's bottom it felt like a snowmobile. I have driven most all kinds of cars in the snow over the years and was my first experience on winters. Must say, the difference was stunning.

Quick Reply: 03 Audi RS6 to a 16 Macan Turbo