Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Which summer tires should I get? Hot weather...

Old 01-02-2017, 01:20 PM
rezgui.rachid
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which summer tires should I get? Hot weather...

Hello,

the tires on my Macan Turbo are due soon. I live in Abu Dhabi where it is always above 20 C (70 F) and can easily reach 50 degrees C (120F) in the summer.
I am having pzeros now and the grip is fantastic.I am reaching 1-1.2 g when cornering with no tire noise. However, i have done only 12 k miles so far and I don't think I'll get more than 15k out of them.
Which tire for hot dry weather do you recommend ? I enjoy my car but I am not a hardcore driver. People claim 30 k miles. I would like to get 20-22k miles on my new set without having to soften my driving style.

thank you,
rachid
Old 01-03-2017, 12:26 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

I think the P-Zeros are the best you can get for your situation. The only other performance tires I see available in the right sizes are Michelin Latitude Sport 3s, but they're considered "sport" tires, while the P-Zeros are considered "max performance" summer tires. The Michelins might last longer, but they do have the same wear rating, and if you enjoy the performance of your current P-Zeros, I think you should stay with the same kind. Now there are all season tires by Michelin called Latitude Tour HP, and they are rated about 2x longer lasting for wear, but they probably don't perform as well.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:44 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

I doubt you need 1.2 g's on Al Khaleej Al Arabi St.
I was running Dunlop run flats on my X5. They were lasting 10 months in 8o f Toronto.
I moved to continental DSW. 8 months on those, with lots of tread left.
At your 12o F days, a great grip gooey tire is going to be leaving four black strips as you drive.
I would look for a more millage friendly tire.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:39 PM
BruceT
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Recently purchased a 991.1 GT3 with stock MPSC2s. As these warm up with track use, what is optimum pressure for best handling/lap times?
Old 02-17-2020, 10:23 PM
Aldo
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rezgui.rachid
Hello,

the tires on my Macan Turbo are due soon. I live in Abu Dhabi where it is always above 20 C (70 F) and can easily reach 50 degrees C (120F) in the summer.
I am having pzeros now and the grip is fantastic.I am reaching 1-1.2 g when cornering with no tire noise. However, i have done only 12 k miles so far and I don't think I'll get more than 15k out of them.
Which tire for hot dry weather do you recommend ? I enjoy my car but I am not a hardcore driver. People claim 30 k miles. I would like to get 20-22k miles on my new set without having to soften my driving style.

thank you,
rachid
If you're cornering at 1.2 G (really?), no tire is going to last long...
Old 02-20-2020, 10:51 AM
///Bruce
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 95 Posts

I've never been a fan of Pirelli. But that's me. When my Macan was delivered, it came with Michelin all season tires. HATED them. Couldn't stay on the road on curvy parts. Changed them out for Conti Sport 6's a week later. They lasted 10,000 miles. And I don't drive that hard at 70 years of age (71 on Sunday!). I changed them out with Goodyear Asymmetrics. I'm coming up on 25,000 miles and they show little wear, they grip well and handle good in the rain here in Houston.

I'll need tires in a few months. I may go with the Goodyears again. Conti has the Conti Sport 5 SUV tires. I can say the standard Sport 5's on my wife's AMG were great.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:53 AM
///Bruce
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 95 Posts

Oh. Almost forgot. When I had the agency mount the Goodyears, an alignment was suggested. Turns out the Macna was WAY out of spec from the factory. I would recommend any time you have a new set of tires installed, have the alignment checked.
The following users liked this post:
Need4S (02-24-2020)
Old 02-20-2020, 11:51 AM
ckkrause
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Put these on my GTS a few weeks ago.... Excellent tire!
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ot+Sport+4+SUV
-Chuck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which summer tires should I get? Hot weather...