Macan 2014-Current

gadda macan loaner

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 06:40 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default gadda macan loaner

my cay is being super serviced and they gave me an 17 [i guess ] plain jane macan. IMHO.......the ride is very smooth/quiet ,lots of bells and whistles but as usual po no torque .....just rev the snot outta of it to move. So far 50 miles but the real test is when the wife drives it,our last loaner was an 14 panny which to quote her on WOT......."is this it". yepper.............over priced and underpowered.Not a bad sounding stereo system in a po ,seating was nothing to rave about,another steering wheel paddle shifter plan to add,rear viewing bad[as usual] ,what little torque it has came from 4 cylinders [that is impressive] Sport mode.[waste]................dudes are you serious......just stop the pricey HBO drama and split the difference .......its a tinkerbell car.....deal with it. I do not know what is the sticker price but i doubt i will buy one
Old 12-22-2016, 06:35 PM
extanker
Banned

When my wife first saw the car she said it did not look like a power house . after 2 hours driving time she agrees it lacks pulling out on the highway power.....her other cars are chevy HHR and a z4. first look inside was she liked it but then said way too many controls of which some are redundant ,stereo is okay,memory driving controls /heated steering wheel got a thumbs up. she felt that something that burned that much fuel in 2 hours and cannot get out of its own way was ............what was po thinking when they brought out this model . i should have the car for at least another day but there will be no fighting as who gets to use it
Old 12-22-2016, 09:44 PM
Jones Digger
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spelling mistake in Username error !!!!
Please replace "t" with. "W" !!!!
Old 12-22-2016, 09:55 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

What is the weight difference between the Macan and Tiguan? If any..
Old 12-22-2016, 10:06 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 534 Likes on 292 Posts

Macan is about 300 lbs heavier than a Tiguan but 10 inches longer.
Old 12-23-2016, 01:03 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you ever had a dealer base car loaner where you were impressed with the power? Porsche clearly sets up the model line up that way on purpose. Besides a base 911, all base models could be explained as underpowered. IMO
Old 12-24-2016, 11:32 AM
ejdoherty911
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The base Macan has 250 hp and weighs 4,000 lbs. It's not rocket ship.
Old 12-24-2016, 03:29 PM
extanker
Banned

for a wanna be SUV is does have typical po brakes and handling to its credit. I did tell service that it shudders badly when releasing the brakes in stop and go traffic.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:11 PM
plantagenet
Track Day

I have a base Macan loaner at the moment as my 13 Boxster S is in for some issues. I have to say overall I really like it. Our family car is a Mercedes GLA and compared to that I find it has better pick up, better/ more sporty driver feel and is a clear step up in interior comfort (seats are so good). The noise dampening in it is fantastic. In terms of speed its what I would describe as quick but not fast. Closest I can relate is to probably the 2012 VW GTI I had. So more than quick enough for most people. My wife really likes it and if we can make the numbers work when our GLA lease is up at the end of the year we will definitely be looking to get into a Macan.

I think I will be looking for an S model just because I would like a little more oomph and a little more engine noise. Very keen to try one with the PASM on it as well. Wonderful car and I can understand why people opt for the base Macan.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:14 AM
Jerrygreene
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts

Here is a vid with a well know driver driving a Macan vs Boxster S its in Portuguese though... but interesting...

Old 03-10-2017, 01:57 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

I currently have a Macan loaner as well while my CTT is in for some service. My loaner is a '16 S model, and is not 'standard issue/base' by any means, so my point of comparison is a bit different than the OP. It has quite a load of options to include some Exclusive stuff, as well as the top level 2-tone full leather interior, 21" wheels, etc.

It's very nice. I could certainly live with it. It's of course down on power compared to my CTT but that's expected. The power it does have is more than adequate and makes for an entertaining drive (although I do miss that low end V8 grunt I get with the CTT and the driveability that comes with that). Handling is nice, ride not too bad even with the 21s. I think I'd like to have the PSE option on one of these though, and probably the PTV+. My CTT has both PDCC and PTV+ and they do make a noticeable difference.

I do like the increased interior room of the Cayenne a bit more, and of course the power. But at times I also like this smaller form of the Macan driving it around as well. Overall I really like it and have been enjoying my time with it. It's always nice and makes a big difference when you get to spend real time with a vehicle versus a 15 min test drive.

Well done Porsche.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:56 PM
JeffD
AutoX

Originally Posted by extanker
I did tell service that it shudders badly when releasing the brakes in stop and go traffic.
I'd guess that it had the auto start/stop feature enabled. I turned that off so damn fast when I got my Macan. It basically shuts off the engine until you pull your foot off the brake.

I never drove a base Macan, but I couldn't imagine someone comparing my Macan GTS to a Chevy HHR in terms of getting up to highway speed... Maybe the base Macan is a slouch, but if that's really the case then I'm glad I opted for the GTS, and I don't think anyone that drives one would consider it a "Tinkerbell Car"
Old 03-11-2017, 08:42 AM
extanker
Banned

you guess,never drove and don't think........yeah that about covers it....thanks ....been there/done it/tinkerbell car

Quick Reply: gadda macan loaner