Questions: PDK and Sideview Mirrors

Old 10-30-2016, 09:23 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by MJones
Paddle Neutral is only on the PDK 'S' ala GT3, no others
PDK S has a different form of paddle neutral. But, non-S PDK in 981s and 991s does have paddle neutral.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:20 AM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by worf928
The 991TT has, apparently, spoiled me for every other car on the planet.
Ok, now I understand! It is amazing, and sometimes disheartening, with what you become used to.

For me my recent experience is with my new BMW M235i which replaced my Audi S4. All the reviews gushed over the car. It's wonderful, blah, blah. I researched. I watched all the stupid Chris Harris drifting videos and various road test reviews. I heard reviewers throwing all sorts of adjectives at the car. I bought one after a 20 minute test drive. It looks great and it's the right size car. After the honeymoon was over I find the transmission deplorably slow, the brakes over boosted with little modulation, the steering is darty and without feel and the suspension over sprung and bouncy.

BUT, what REALLY frigging drives me nuts is that you have to hit the start button twice before the car completely shuts off and the doors unlock, and the buttons for garage opener, located on the rear view mirror, require so much force to push that the mirror changes position. And the interior door handles are mounted so far ahead that you have to have monkey arms to close the doors. And those stupid doors have to be SLAMMED to close. Sounds and feels cheap.

My wife is tired of me saying "The Audi was like this" or "The Porsche is like that." Bitch, bitch, bitch.

So yea, I get it.
Old 10-30-2016, 01:46 PM
jericho
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My son had a cayman s and just got a bmw m240ix and that drove him crazy too. Hitting the start button twice. So he had his car coded and no more of that. There is a whole list of items you can code and it only cost him $140.
Old 10-30-2016, 04:50 PM
Sven76
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't you send the car into sailing mode by shifting up while in the highest gear? Mine does that, but European cars might be different from US cars.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Questions: PDK and Sideview Mirrors