Received 260 Likes on 130 Posts

The gti is for the wife.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:12 PM
JDailey
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by richardbf
The gti is for the wife.
Your wife is lucky! I've been driving my friends' GTIs quite a bit recently, and there's simply nothing like it at that price point. It is so refined and yet so much fun in a great, small package. If I didn't regularly take my SUV to the trailheads in the Cascades outside of Seattle, WA, I would already have a GTI. They're great! (Oh, and the Porsches look mighty fine too!)

-James
Seattle, WA
2006 BMW X3 3.0i M-sport, Manual
Old 10-11-2016, 04:16 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

lol thanks. Fantastic little car. I only wish we had the MT. Not that I hate the DSG. It's mighty fine. But with only 210hp I would have loved to row my own. The Macan is my first PDK vehicle and I must say I am in love with the transmission so far. Little worried how interested I will be once I go in traffic for the first time this evening. Overall I am loving the GTS. Still hoping for a small sedan from Porsche but this will do just fine in the mean time. Oh do you guys know if lane departure is standard. I never optioned it but I have it. It's not on the window sticker so I am not sure if it's there by mistake or not. Also my rear windows are awfully dark and I surely didn't check the privacy glass option either.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:22 PM
JDailey
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

I have the six-speed manual on the X3 which is really the only reason I've kept it so long! I'm just not quite ready to give it up... though I'm clearly lurking here on the Macan board which should tell you something.
I keep looking at the Macan for the gas mileage, but the MacanS for the performance. The GTS and Turbo are more than I need. As it is, the base Macan already has more horsepower and torque than my X3 while weighing ~200 lbs less.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:26 PM
MovingChicane
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by richardbf
Oh do you guys know if lane departure is standard. I never optioned it but I have it. It's not on the window sticker so I am not sure if it's there by mistake or not. Also my rear windows are awfully dark and I surely didn't check the privacy glass option either.
Yes, lane change assist is standard. From the porsche website: "Lane Departure Warning: A camera inside the rear-view mirror casing monitors the road surface in front of the vehicle. When activated, the system will sound a warning tone whenever you steer towards a divider line marking and threaten to leave the current lane without indicating.
Standard in all Macan models.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/ma...tance-systems/

I don't recall seeing a privacy glass option!
Old 10-11-2016, 11:44 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 69 Posts

Lane Change Assist used to be part of the Premium Package Plus, but as the model line has evolved it looks like it has become standard equipment. Probably to appease a safety bureaucrat somewhere just like the rear-view camera. I turned the feature off as I found it more intrusive than helpful, but I like the blindspot warning lights that are also part of the package.

The dark tint on the rear and back glass has always been standard for NA models, though. The only glass option is for thermal/sound insulation. I like what it does for the look of the car as well as obscuring things I might have left in the back seats.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:52 AM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I found it interesting that the Standard equipment is Lane Departure Warning and Lane Change Assist is an option. When I order mine I'll have to get the LCA option since I'm sure I will be disabling LDW, I find it to be annoying in the GTS's I test drove.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:38 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

I don't care for most of the driving aids but they are useful. I am just happy the F'ing PCM RADIO STAYS OFF WHEN YOU RESTART THE CAR!! Sorry I got really annoyed with that on my gt4. No matter the radio state when turned off the car will default to the radio being on upon startup. The fact they fixed this makes me fuzzy inside.

Quick Reply: GTS finally delivered