Notices
Macan 2014-Current

How Do You Guys Fit in this Car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 10:56 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 571 Posts

Yep - the seat was too high. If or when you go back, the seat height gets adjusted by a horizontal button on the left bottom side of the drivers seat. Push is down and the seat will drop right down.

As for the interior size of the Macan, I love it. I come from a .2 gen Spyder so the Macan feels outright roomy! And, believe it or not, it's a driving car so it should feel tight IMO.

To the OP, go back and check it out. It's the perfect twin to your Cayman S.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:30 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

I'm 6' ft I fit fine. But it ended up being too small for my family of 4. With my front seat pushed back my little girl who's 9 was starting to get squeezed. My son who is 5'9 was starting to have a hard time in the back too. I ended up giving the car to my wife and bought a Range Rover. Love it. Now every time I drive the Macan I feel squished.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:13 PM
1MORLAP
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Plenty of room in a sunroof-less Macan S. I traditionally seek out cars without sunroofs as I don't fit in many with. Tall torso. Macan has LOTS of room.

T
Old 02-03-2016, 04:22 PM
roule
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I had my Cayman S in for some work...
If you are comfortable with the Cayman, then you'll have absolutely no issues getting the right fit in the Macan with no compromises. Get the salesman to show you all the seat options.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

So I sat in one today at the dealer and was able to adjust the seat. Was able to get enough headroom in the front, though it still wasn't ample. Bigger issue was that I couldn't get the seat, pedal, steering wheel set up where it was comfortable for me. That and the lack of headroom in the back make it a no go for me, as much as I love the look of the Macan Turbo.

Then I went over and sat in a Panamera S and that thing felt perfect, front and back, for my frame. What an awesome interior, fabulous seats. Too bad it's so damn long and kinda fugly.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by roule
If you are comfortable with the Cayman, then you'll have absolutely no issues getting the right fit in the Macan with no compromises. Get the salesman to show you all the seat options.
Both my Cayman and Carrera give me more headroom than the Macan. I can put a helmet on in both my cars and there's no way I could in the Macan.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:55 PM
dmsiceman
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I sat in one today at the dealer and was able to adjust the seat. Was able to get enough headroom in the front, though it still wasn't ample. Bigger issue was that I couldn't get the seat, pedal, steering wheel set up where it was comfortable for me. That and the lack of headroom in the back make it a no go for me, as much as I love the look of the Macan Turbo.
Did the Macan have a Pano roof? If it did, I would really suggest you try one that does not have a Pano roof. It would be a shame to eliminate from your consideration a great vehicle like the Macan, if you could be comfortable in one without the Pano roof.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:33 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Yes, it had the pano roof. In the end the killer for me wouldn't be the front headroom, it would be the overall position and the rear seat headroom. I won't buy a 4 door vehicle that a guy my size can't sit in the back very comfortably. If it were just for me, I might try harder to get the driving position figured out, but it's just too small as our only family type car. Gonna have to find something else to pry the Q7 out of my wife's hands.

I tell you, the car that surprised the hell out of me when I got it as a loaner was the latest Audi Allroad. Even with that little power, that car drove wonderfully, was really comfortable and the visibility out of it was fantastic. For the price, that thing is a deal. I'd swap our Q for that in a millisecond. Though the Panamera would be even better, if it wasn't so damn long.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:47 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

6'8! Pano roof. Can easily get in with a helmet on. Instantly felt comfortable in this car.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:40 PM
mgflyfish
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6'4"

My Son is 6'4" and sits and drives very comfortably in our 2016 Macan--seat must have been up
Old 02-13-2016, 04:22 PM
o'bluetouring
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Slightly off topic, but I'm wondering if someone has the measurement of the trunk dimension (width and depth)? Trying to figure out if our luggages would fit inside the trunk without folding down the rear seats. We recently sold our SUV and we only have a 997.2 left in the household, so I can't really drag my luggages to the dealership to test it out. Appreciate the help!
Old 02-16-2016, 04:10 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

That's what I figured. I'll need to get the keys next time I'm in, though pretty sure the back seat would be a non-starter for the wife. Pretty much refuses to buy a car that someone my size can't sit in the rear seats comfortably. She was a no go on the Q5 when we looked at those, but for some reason I was holding out hope on this car.
Seats are live all the time, I believe; no need for keys.

At least our Cayenne and Boxster's are. And the Panamera loaner we have right now.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:35 PM
eflight
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
Seats are live all the time, I believe; no need for keys.

At least our Cayenne and Boxster's are. And the Panamera loaner we have right now.
Nope, I had to have the dealer get the keys a few times in order to move the seats
Old 02-16-2016, 06:39 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

They were definitely not live on the first one, but the were on the second one. Second one had keyless, but the key was nowhere in sight. No idea why one car's seats worked and the other didn't.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:50 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 700 Likes on 511 Posts

Buy a used certified Cayenne and no more space issues...

Quick Reply: How Do You Guys Fit in this Car?