Macan 2014-Current

Macan GTS....

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 02:51 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ChoyV
I don't think so. They are marketing the Macan as a sports car of SUV and a bigger brother of the 911. They are distancing the Macan from the Cayenne. If that is the case then the Macan GTS will be an optioned Macan S, like the 911 GTS. The 911 GTS is not sportier than the 911 Turbo.
They're already testing it. There are some that would argue the 911 GTS sportiness Vs. the 911 Turbo. Turbo is faster, but the GTS has a lower, stiffer suspension and you can get it a manual. So it really depends on your definition of "sporty".
Old 09-13-2015, 03:20 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
They're already testing it. There are some that would argue the 911 GTS sportiness Vs. the 911 Turbo. Turbo is faster, but the GTS has a lower, stiffer suspension and you can get it a manual. So it really depends on your definition of "sporty".
They have the same height of 51" and same wheelbase of 96.5. GTS is wider though and you can get in in MT. Both can get the same suspension options but the Turbo has the rear axle steering. It doesn't make sense that the Turbo will have less stiffer suspension that it needed for a faster car.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:23 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

They have the same height of 51" and same wheelbase of 96.5. GTS is wider though and you can get in in MT. Both can get the same suspension options but the Turbo has the rear axle steering. It doesn't make sense that the Turbo will have less stiffer suspension that it needed for a faster car.
The GTS is not wider than the turbo. It has the same body as the carrera 4 and the suspension is 15mm lower than the turbo. The turbo has a much softer ride.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:59 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
The GTS is not wider than the turbo. It has the same body as the carrera 4 and the suspension is 15mm lower than the turbo. The turbo has a much softer ride.
I know it doesn't make sense but I check the comparison from their web site.
Width (w/ mirrors folded) (Turbo)74.0 in. (GTS)77.9 in. (72.9 in.)
Height 51.0 in. 51.0 in.
Wheelbase 96.5 in. 96.5 in.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:39 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

I know it doesn't make sense but I check the comparison from their web site. Width (w/ mirrors folded) (Turbo)74.0 in. (GTS)77.9 in. (72.9 in.) Height 51.0 in. 51.0 in. Wheelbase 96.5 in. 96.5 in.
I saw that as well. It wouldn't be the first time the Porsche site was incorrect. When I bought my GT3, the 18 way seats were listed as having a memory function...even showed images of the switches. When it arrived, no memory option. It worked out though. Apparently enough people complained and I got a check from PCNA for the full cost of the 18 way seats...$2600 !

I can say with confidence though, the turbo body is wider than the GTS. My GT3 has the same body as the GTS and the new RS shares the same body as the turbo which is the widest 911.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:16 PM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

First off, Porsche has a clear cut price to performance ratio they stick with all the time. You get what you pay for. GT cars, not GTS, tend to be slightly above this line as an exception. The GTS badge Porsche puts on cars is a marketing ploy to move more models usually at the end of a model cycle. They bunch a few option and sometimes add an option or two usually only cosmetic to get people to buy. I'm not saying it doesn't make sense sometimes as the "GTS" value package is usually a little cheaper than optioning out an S model for instance. If they do make a Macan GTS be prepared for it to be only a slight HP bump over the S and probably include air suspension and 20 in tires as standard equipment. The turbo model will always be the top model and they will always still try to steer people into by muting this model over the others.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:21 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

knowing Porsche, there will be variants of Macan base (4 cylinders in Asia), S, GTS, turbo, and turbo S.

however, the Macan GTS will not be as significant as in Cayenne GTS or Panamera GTS, as the performance between the Macan S and turbo is just too close, 0-60 at 5.6 vs 5.0. So the Macan GTS 0-60 will be around 5.3.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:36 AM
Powereng
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotta agree with targa Tim though not sure on the 0-60 numbers, those are some of the slowest I have ever seen posted, did you have a boat in tow for them? The numbers are about .5 between the two so not sure what they will do unless they increase the hp on the turbo and get down to 4.0 0-60 then could put a gts around 4.5
Old 09-18-2015, 02:33 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Powereng
Gotta agree with targa Tim though not sure on the 0-60 numbers, those are some of the slowest I have ever seen posted, did you have a boat in tow for them? The numbers are about .5 between the two so not sure what they will do unless they increase the hp on the turbo and get down to 4.0 0-60 then could put a gts around 4.5
You're right - just checked Porsche website and it said 5.2 and 4.6 seconds.

Quick Reply: Macan GTS....