Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Macan = Rattle Trap?!

Old 08-20-2015, 12:07 AM
ZZinger
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sven76
@ZZinger: Mine is flawless, love it. Can't go wrong with it, if there is something wrong, which very rarely happens with a brand new car, your dealer will fix it instantly.
I agree. I have owned many Porsches and never have had major issues with rattles etc. I am looking to purchase a 16 Macan Turbo or a 16 Cayenne GTS in the next few weeks. Both would be great DD's
Old 09-03-2015, 12:56 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZZinger
I agree. I have owned many Porsches and never have had major issues with rattles etc. I am looking to purchase a 16 Macan Turbo or a 16 Cayenne GTS in the next few weeks. Both would be great DD's
I'm in the same dilemma. Macon Turbo or Cayenne GTS? curious on your final pick.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:52 PM
ZZinger
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by skuplist
I'm in the same dilemma. Macon Turbo or Cayenne GTS? curious on your final pick.
I have not purchased a new SUV yet…

I have never driven a Macan Turbo. I drove a Macan S twice in the past month and last week I drove a 16' Cayenne GTS.

I feel the Macan is too small. I am 6' 3" and when I put the driver seat where I am comfortable the back seat is not usable. I also find the cargo area to be very small for my needs. I like the way it drives a lot and the pdk is great.

The Cayenne GTS is a great looking car and the handling is very good BUT I found the GTS to be underpowered. I am fortunate to have owned many 500hp+ cars as you can see in my signature so I just felt for $110,000 it left me wanting more. That truck needs about 30-40 HP more and it would be perfect.

So, I am considering a Cayenne Turbo which has 520hp and with a build I can get it to look like a GTS with exterior painted moldings, sport exhaust, 21", etc but its gonna cost me about $130,000

$130,000 is a hell of a lot for a dd but a cayenne turbo would fulfill all the needs considering I need cargo room, a usable back seat and the fun factor of 520hp.

I have not done anything yet I just know I want a Porsche as a daily driver and researching is half the fun
Old 09-04-2015, 02:38 AM
mdkrp
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Macan = Rattle Trap?!

I have a Macan S after coming from a 991 S Cab.
my thoughts:
-Build quality is not as tight as in the 991 but still very good.
-I had a slight rattle coming from the front driver side of dash. Took it in and dealer felt taped various points and so far it's good.
I have heard that there may be a design flaw in the way the front hood rests up on the frame and this may be a poss cause of some of the rattles.
-it's a very comfortable car and an absolute joy to drive.
-the 918 steering wheel is awesome but the standard stereo is a POS
-horrible wind noise and turbulence when front windows are down.
-I miss my convertible too much so have put an order in for the targa GTS
Old 09-07-2015, 11:18 PM
vactor
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

my SO got a macan turbo delivered in may this year. it's her daily driver in a large midwest town where the roads SUCK (pot holes, cracks, cobbles, you name it, we got it). it is without a doubt, the most solid car i have been in, including s class and 8 series audi etc. hers is flawless in and out, and fast as all get out!! something is up with yours if it has ANY rattles and also has braking issues?? very strange. her macan is really making me want to get one of my own. it's incredible in every way ...
Old 09-08-2015, 01:20 PM
jbxea1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skuplist
I went to my dealer last week with the intention of buying a Cayenne GTS and drove home with a Macan Turbo instead. The GTS was fine, very similar to my wife's Cayenne S, but not that exciting to drive. The Macan turbo was a blast to drive, especially in "Sport Plus" mode with sport exhaust and with real paddles on the wheel for the PDK (instead of buttons). It is definitely smaller, but I had whole family (2 adults/2 kids) in it this weekend without issue. I was surprised that an SUV could be this much fun to drive (although I have never driven a Cayenne turbo, I am sure that would be fun also).

So far the Macan has been perfect, with no rattles or noises.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:05 PM
3point9liters
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

same here. 2016 macan s. rattles/clicking noise during every acceleration or deceleration. Annoying as hell. Driving a cayenne diesel loaner makes me realize how joyful it is to drive a macan. Cayenne drives like a MB truck.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:29 PM
Enilder
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to guess that OP sold Macan and moved on...Mine is also rattle free. Can't believe you went through all of that in such a short period of time.

GL with other cars.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Macan = Rattle Trap?!