Macan 2014-Current

Stone chipping on Macan Turbo w/21"

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 02:35 PM
Twinllamas
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stone chipping on Macan Turbo w/21"

Is anyone else having issues with stone chipping on their Macan with 21" wheels?
we had an issue over the winter where something was driven thru and splattered all over both sides of the 3 month old Macan… This required a top to bottom respray. Body shop mentioned hat there was also a great deal of stone chipping (We're in PA so anti skid is plentiful over the winter!). After the respray, we are staring to notice stone chipping again on the door handles and lower rockers… I have been considering mud flaps (YES! mud flaps on a Porsche!) SACRILEGE! Anyone?

Last edited by Twinllamas; 06-29-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:13 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 432 Likes on 272 Posts

We started to notice a slight amount of "road rash" just aft of the front wheels and on the forward surfaces of the "blades". I suggested a set of mud flaps to my wife (It's her car) and she balked at first but relented. I ordered a set from Taiwan via eBay. We decided that, since there wasn't any rash aft of the rear wheels, I would only install the fronts. After a couple of days, she said they were barely noticeable, especially on a black vehicle. They seem to be doing a reasonable job of minimizing any additional damage. They were only something like $60 for the set and easily installed.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:08 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Zero issues here on 20" wheels, but driving on winter tires during winter - car has about 7,000 miles now and paint still perfect.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Twinllamas
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NC TRACKRAT
We started to notice a slight amount of "road rash" just aft of the front wheels and on the forward surfaces of the "blades". I suggested a set of mud flaps to my wife (It's her car) and she balked at first but relented. I ordered a set from Taiwan via eBay. We decided that, since there wasn't any rash aft of the rear wheels, I would only install the fronts. After a couple of days, she said they were barely noticeable, especially on a black vehicle. They seem to be doing a reasonable job of minimizing any additional damage. They were only something like $60 for the set and easily installed.
Thats the EXACT same places we first noticed the chipping. I may have to pull the trigger and install the mud flaps… Thanks for the insight..

Quick Reply: Stone chipping on Macan Turbo w/21"