Macan 2014-Current

Macan S order questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 04:14 PM
Superman32
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Macan S order questions

Hi I am finalizing my Macan S order. But have few questions about options not so clear.
Do I need information package if I don't need GPS?
Also how about bose system? Are they much better than standard sounds system? I have bose in my 997TT and GTR. Don't think they are any better than my MK7 GTI's sounds system. I know Burmerster is great but for 6500CAD I will pass.

The opinions I am getting :

Base price Macan S
$57,200
Price for Equipment
$12,490
Destination Charge
$1,115
Total Price*
$70,805

Packages
Premium Package Plus
PJ3
$6,970
Exterior Colour
Sapphire Blue Metallic
N1
$790
Interior Colour
Leather Package in Black/Garnet Red (Leather Seats)
VU
$2,230
Exterior
Reversing camera including ParkAssist front and rear
7X8
$0
Performance
Sport Chrono Package
QR4
$1,480
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
G1D
$0
Wheels
18-inch Macan S wheel
C5F
$0
Wheel Accessories
Wheel centres with full-colour Porsche Crest
1NP
$220
Interior
Smoker package
9JB
$0
Light comfort package
PP8
$380
14-way power seats with memory package
PE5
$0
Interior Carbon
Multi-function steering wheel Carbon incl. steering wheel heating
2FX
$420
Total Price:*
$70,805
Old 05-05-2015, 05:18 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

Nice. In my Cayenne the Bose was amazing and worth every penny. Not quite so grand in a small cabin like the Cayman. The Macan should be similar to the Cayenne from a sound standpoint, but I expect some Macan guys will weigh in. For resale, a lot of guys will want the hitch for luggage and bike racks even if they don't tow, and it's cheap up front.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If I was the primary driver of our Macan I'd've skipped the infotainment package.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:54 PM
Sven76
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Skip the Bose. My 2 cents.

Bose is all about marketing and horrible sound in most if not all products. In the Porsche, the bass is way to much, we have test driven 3 Porsches and every time either my wife or I instantly levelled the bass down.

And I am a guy who was partying to techno in the 90ies, so generally I like bass.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:59 PM
Powereng
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I may remove the sport chrono, you did not option many other performance features. Look into some suspension upgrades, this does make a big drive improvement.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:24 AM
1MORLAP
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No heated steering? Great option, it maybe standard in CA.
I also would want vents in the back, so 4-zone climate.
Why 18s? I mean 19s come standard, and 20s look great.
Sport Chrono is not needed in an SUV. Just my opinion.
I also do not like PCM, and just use my iPhone.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:22 AM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Powereng
I may remove the sport chrono, you did not option many other performance features. Look into some suspension upgrades, this does make a big drive improvement.
+1

Drop Sport Chrono and get PASM. Best bang for the buck. I also got PTV Plus. You are more likely to drive the car in the twisty roads than you are likely to track it.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:23 AM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 69 Posts

Ditto PASM over Sport Chrono. You will appreciate the soft vs. sporty ride much more than the tiny differences Sport Chrono makes. SC is at the end of the list of performance options to choose, imho.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:47 PM
Superman32
Racer

Originally Posted by Powereng
Thanks
I really like the clock and with sport chrono I also get sport+ and lunch control.
It's a lot better value than on my 991 rs order.
I don't like air suspensions. I test drove a macan s the standard suspension feels really good.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:51 PM
Superman32
Racer

Originally Posted by 1MORLAP
No heated steering? Great option, it maybe standard in CA.
I also would want vents in the back, so 4-zone climate.
Why 18s? I mean 19s come standard, and 20s look great.
Sport Chrono is not needed in an SUV. Just my opinion.
I also do not like PCM, and just use my iPhone.

In Canada 18 is standard. I would pay that much money for OEM wheel upgrade.
If I want nice wheels I would go aftermarket.
I am not sure if heated steering come with premium plus package or not.
But I got carbon fiber on steering wheel. Can I still heat the carbon part?
Old 05-06-2015, 07:53 PM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Superman32
Thanks
I really like the clock and with sport chrono I also get sport+ and lunch control.
It's a lot better value than on my 991 rs order.
I don't like air suspensions. I test drove a macan s the standard suspension feels really good.
PASM by itself is not air suspension it is standard suspension with electronic damper control which allows your to firm up or loosen the suspension. There is also PASM w/ AS which is with Air Suspension. I don't care for Air Suspension either.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:00 PM
roule
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

For a daily driver, Sport Chrono is far less valuable than PASM in my opinion.

The rear camera has been universally criticized -- you may want to go aftermarket there instead of buying the Porsche kit.

I don't know what Sven76 is speaking about regarding the Bose. True, Bose offers a wide array of quality, but Porsche doesn't spec out the lowest grade of Bose hardware. You need to evaluate it for yourself, but I think it's a solid step up from the base audio system.

Infotainment is a waste of money in any car. Your handheld electronics are going to be more up to date than whatever an automaker sticks in the dashboard. Buy a spec.dock or whatever to hold your iPhone so you can drive properly instead of being one of those idiots weaving all over the road with a cell phone stuck to their ear.

If you drop the smoking, then in the long run you'll save enough on health bills to buy a Cayman or two.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:44 PM
Superman32
Racer

Originally Posted by roule
For a daily driver, Sport Chrono is far less valuable than PASM in my opinion.

The rear camera has been universally criticized -- you may want to go aftermarket there instead of buying the Porsche kit.

I don't know what Sven76 is speaking about regarding the Bose. True, Bose offers a wide array of quality, but Porsche doesn't spec out the lowest grade of Bose hardware. You need to evaluate it for yourself, but I think it's a solid step up from the base audio system.

Infotainment is a waste of money in any car. Your handheld electronics are going to be more up to date than whatever an automaker sticks in the dashboard. Buy a spec.dock or whatever to hold your iPhone so you can drive properly instead of being one of those idiots weaving all over the road with a cell phone stuck to their ear.

If you drop the smoking, then in the long run you'll save enough on health bills to buy a Cayman or two.
What is the default setting without PASM? It is on the firm setting or soft setting? I test drove one without PASM the suspension feels pretty nice and firm. I just don't want my suspension too soft. I have a R35 GTR and 991 Gt3 RS September build. I like firm suspensions and heavy steering. If mancan's default setting is normal or firm I am happy without PASM. I did some reserach and found that standard damping is stiffer than PASM comfort and softer than PASM sport. I think I don't need PASM.
I want sport chrono mainly because of I like the clock. It makes the dash looks better. But that is expensive for a clock. I justified the price because I can also get sport+ and lunch control. Still can't justify the price on 991 RS though but I want the clock so bad.

PCM GPS I think I don't need it. As the map will be outdated after 1 year. And it cost 3300. I can use the 3300 to get Sport Chrono and PASM. But I don't think I am going to need PASM.

Beased on my experience with BOSE systems. They are not that great. The standard system should be fine. I really want Burmester but it's too expensive.

I chose smoking package because it's free and I got one more porwer slot for dash cam or V1. I am not a smoker.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:52 PM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

You know the base already comes with a clock in the same place as the Sport Chrono. I don't have Sport Chrono but I have a clock on the dash. I also chose smoking package, because I didn't like the big hole smack in the middle of the center console.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:23 PM
Superman32
Racer

Originally Posted by Rubik
You know the base already comes with a clock in the same place as the Sport Chrono. I don't have Sport Chrono but I have a clock on the dash. I also chose smoking package, because I didn't like the big hole smack in the middle of the center console.

I didn't know this. If this is the case. I would drop SC and save 1500.
Thanks for let me know.
But this will make 991 RS SC even more over priced!!!!

Quick Reply: Macan S order questions