Macan 2014-Current

To Sport, or not to Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 10:50 PM
jcontardi
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Default To Sport, or not to Sport?

Until I received my Macan, I had not regularly driven a "modern" Porsche with PASM and Sport buttons. It seems that the PASM button stays in whatever mode it was in when the car was turned off, but the Sport button always returns to "off". While I enjoy the quicker shifts and and more responsive throttle of "Sport", I find that I rarely remember to push the Sport button when I get in the car. Granted, I live in Atlanta and typically drive in the teeth of an ugly rush hour - so not much of a sporting drive time - but just wondering how others that have taken deliverly their Macans handle the Sport button?

BTW - I have 8,800 miles on the clock and find something more to like about the Macan better every week. There is something magical about SUV utility, a very high quality cabin in which to spend time behind the wheel, and legit sporting capability. Just wish that Porsche Sport Exhaust had been an option when I ordered...
Old 12-22-2014, 08:57 AM
sebis
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I engage the Sport button when driving by myself and the road conditions allow it, no traffic, etc. There is no point on engaging it while in heavy traffic. But when I do put it in Sport I also shift by myself a lot.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:48 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i used sport all day everyday, sport plus, barely ever.

Quick Reply: To Sport, or not to Sport?