Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Tracking your Macan

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 05:06 PM
fincher
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great color combo. Glad you kept the side blades in black. Subtle contrast with the blue. Awesome.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:06 PM
SteveFromMN
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cviles
Nope, Porsche doesn't provide that kind of interface into their manufacturing and delivery process. You're going to have to bug your SA every two weeks or so for a tracking sheet. That will show the planned and actual build dates for your order. After it's on a boat, you'll get the vessel name and then you can track the ship with a site like vesselfinder.com.
Here is how you do it:

If your car has to cross an ocean to get to you, I believe this is a way to track delivery (taken from the pieces I could put together). It should work for US and Canada. Not sure what the Australian lines are.

Once your spec is firm, your dealer should give you a car build schedule. Find the date of the German exit from their port, probably Emden. You probably want to get an updated schedule as the date gets closer. Schedules can change and what you have in January could be different in a couple of months.

Go here. http://www.pwl.de/en On the right side select your trade route (e.g., USA).

For USA and, I think, Canada, select VW Logistics

A PDF schedule will come up. Ask your dealer for the boat name. Look at the schedule column for the date that boat leaves the dock. For example, today it looks like the Gracious Ace leaves Emden 1/30 and docks in Halifax Canada and then RI. US west coast cars might go to Houston.

Go here. http://www.marinetraffic.com/ While the ship is near land, you can track it. Not sure how to track it in the open ocean because it uses a different system. There are also apps for smart phones that can track it.

Once the ship is back near land, you can track it until it docks.
My Cayenne is on Bess.

Last edited by SteveFromMN; 11-18-2014 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Fix Update
Old 11-18-2014, 05:06 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My dealer rep either calls or emails me every Friday after the systems are updated as to what's happening. Last Friday at 4:15 I learned my car will be checkpoint 8 this coming Friday which he says is completion of build! Finally, ordered it May 3 but then held off for the Sport Exhaust and the Sport Design kit and the new 21" wheels. It then takes about 6-7 weeks to get to Vancouver.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:54 PM
1MORLAP
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you. Tracking Asteria Leader. Well, will be once it leaves on December 8th.

Quick Reply: Tracking your Macan