Old 08-26-2015, 06:17 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,005 Likes on 600 Posts

If anyone needs any AiM help, I'll be at Road America from this afternoon through the race on Saturday. Shoot me a PM if you need me.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:32 PM
Jerrygreene
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Road america trans am race

Well, the Hoosier slicks helped huged. A bmw,camaro,viper,corvette & a 996 cup all qualified in the 2:21's on a dry track. Still i heard there was complaining how unfair it was. This is the first time i was even in the hunt all year! Race was wet, i started on slicks as a few others did, others on rains. Typical of RA, the track dried. Those that got out ahead on rains, were now being reeled in and passed. Then it happened. it felt like it was a wet track for me, rain people started to pass me... ??? It looked dry?
Whats happening!? Went off in kink, and thats when the dash notified me i was loosing pressure in the cooling system. Left front radiator was not healthy. Spewing hot goodness on to the tire behind it. It would have been a very fun race, but the race gods had other ideas for me. Pulled off in pits, day over. Maybe time for a rebuild? i tell ya, these 996 cups are work horses, but even they need some TLC.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:24 PM
911racer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How stock do you need to keep your 996 for Trans Am. Anything more on the power to weight potential rule change for the winter ?

Thanks

Ed
Old 09-01-2015, 05:41 PM
Jerrygreene
Burning Brakes

Ed, its a good series, dont get me wrong here. i just think that the stock 996 cup is like brining a knife to a gun fight in TA3I. The slicks do help a ton, i just hope they let us run them...going forward. Other than that, No changes that im aware of.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:47 PM
mehoff
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

I finally watched the Mid-O race I had DVR'ed......good lord. The TA redneck driver they interviewed before the race essentially said, "This here's the NASCAR of sports car racing" and summarily went out and proved his point. Crazy.

Is the racing more refined in the TA2-3 fields?
Old 09-01-2015, 05:59 PM
Jerrygreene
Burning Brakes

More refined? Well.... i can honesty say yes.... but.

There are about 75-80 cars on a given weekend in transam. approx 15 in the TA class, lap RA around 2;05 - approx 40 cars in TA 2, lap 2:15'ish
then TA3 2:24ish. ok, sometimes we are all on track, others just the TA & TA3I with the TA2 running their own race. SO.... the TA's are quick, you need to be watching for them, and they come thru like a freight train.

Same with the TA2's, just not as fast, but usally 2 abreast... keeps you busy
looking in mirrors, and adjusting your speed for when they go by... If you go toe to toe with them, you will end out in the kitty litter. Just my .02, but the last 8 races i've survived, with out a scratch. Learned my lsesson last year with them Now 2nd in points as of this .... so, its a learing curve, that is no fun to learn the hard way.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:18 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,005 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by mehoff
I finally watched the Mid-O race I had DVR'ed......good lord. The TA redneck driver they interviewed before the race essentially said, "This here's the NASCAR of sports car racing" and summarily went out and proved his point. Crazy.

Is the racing more refined in the TA2-3 fields?
That redneck was Tomi Drissi. He was severely dealt with and won't be back for a long time.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:21 PM
mehoff
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerrygreene
More refined? Well.... i can honesty say yes.... but.

There are about 75-80 cars on a given weekend in transam. approx 15 in the TA class, lap RA around 2;05 - approx 40 cars in TA 2, lap 2:15'ish
then TA3 2:24ish. ok, sometimes we are all on track, others just the TA & TA3I with the TA2 running their own race. SO.... the TA's are quick, you need to be watching for them, and they come thru like a freight train.

Same with the TA2's, just not as fast, but usally 2 abreast... keeps you busy
looking in mirrors, and adjusting your speed for when they go by... If you go toe to toe with them, you will end out in the kitty litter. Just my .02, but the last 8 races i've survived, with out a scratch. Learned my lsesson last year with them Now 2nd in points as of this .... so, its a learing curve, that is no fun to learn the hard way.
Must be a kick to run with that many cars on track at differing speeds.

Were you in the white 996 that had to run through the kitty liter to avoid the carnage at the front? I was rooting for you!
Old 09-01-2015, 06:54 PM
Jerrygreene
Burning Brakes

nope, that was my team mate Clint, i finished 5th, on the R'7s with a a different spring and shock set up up front.. i was only 2 sec off the pace then. Clint was furhter off 7-8 secs
Old 09-01-2015, 07:31 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

So what was the nature of of the complaints- that a Porsche was remotely close to V8s on a fast track that favors hp?
Old 09-01-2015, 07:50 PM
J Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TransAm is a **** show. Terrible officiating (the Drissi thing was ridiculous and should have never gotten that far), and catering to the regulars which won't do anything to grow the car counts.
I love the cars, but these guys need to get their **** together.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:35 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
That redneck was Tomi Drissi. He was severely dealt with and won't be back for a long time.
wish there was a video of that
Old 09-02-2015, 12:49 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Tomi Drissi is a hack driver. hack of hacks. big shot money california hollywood dick bag who always puts these cars in his latest movie promotional wraps. i thnk he does the stand up character pieces that litter movie theatres so his cars are always wrapped in movie liveries. he crashes often. his driving is average at best. he gets the best cars from tony ave and summarily destroys them. wrecks in qualifying, wrecks in races. what he did in that race should subject him to having his SCCA pro license revoked, and banned for 3 years. he adds nothing to the show and in that race destroyed the championship hunt intentionally taking out 1 or 2 drivers, after saying before the race he would.
i wonder if his kids or family were watchign that, would he be proud?
what a clown? ive seen some crappy stuff. and if joey lagano did that to kevin harvick, it might be entertaining as they are pros and that is their world. but these are gent/women quasi pros for the most part, and they put all their money into their cars, and he just destroys a championship chase by being a complete *****.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:55 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

making friends at xfinity after writing a big check. if ANYONE thinks any team would EVER pay him or want him to drive their car for hire, you're out of your mind. Dude breaks out his checkbooks and scribbles a big check to get in these cars. Has all the money, none of the class.

google or youtube search this hack. its endless.

Quick Reply: Trans Am - Road America August 29th