Received 165 Likes on 56 Posts

+1!

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 01-09-2015, 03:32 PM
Q&A
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

Common Rennlist, what's going on here ?
You ask me not to post any for sale items anymore. I have repeatedly asked you to tell me what it would cost me to be able to continue to do that and i have not heard back from you for more then 3 weeks now ?
Old 01-10-2015, 07:46 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah, there are multiple ads in the vehicle classifieds right now from dealers selling cars with only a regular rennlist membership. I guess some fly under the radar.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

The difference is Karl also provided valuable information and insight on Cup cars......
Old 01-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Folks, there is a lot of stuff in this thread. Permit me a few comments:

This site has rules - to make it easy, I have posted them in their own forum, Posting Guidelines. Those are of course the same ones each and every one of us accepted in the Terms of Service we agreed to when we registered.

Clearly Q&A didn't read them, ever, since posting a PM (hint the P stands for PRIVATE is a banning offense.

Karl did post a lot of interesting stuff. On the other hand he was also running a business selling race cars. I messaged him reminding him that if he chose to advertise cars for clients he needed to be a site sponsor. I did that twice, six months apart. The first time, he stopped, but soon after started advertising again. Another warning was sent and ignored, that was strike three.

As to this being a community, it is. I can sell my personally owned cup car and or parts as long as I am a paying Member. On the other hand those who used the site to buy and sell cars as a profit making venture need to pay advertiser rates.

The Marketplace was essentially unsupervised - my mistake! That led to a number of people advertising cars which were not personal vehicles "offering for a client" was posted by two of the people, or offering as many as a different car each month. So now we are paying attention to the Marketplace to ensure it is being used as intended, Members selling to Members as opposed to cheap advertising for used car salesmen.

One last thing, please do not place ads "selling for a friend". If your friend can afford a Porsche he can easily afford the 5 cents a day for Membership. Again, I encourage you to look at the rules in the Posting Guidelines Forum which unlike the ones in the TOS you accepted, are in english.

Regards,
Old 01-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Paul Conquest
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
… This site has rules - to make it easy, I have posted them in their own forum, Posting Guidelines. …
I think its worth pointing out that when I look in the "Posting Guidelines" forum there is nothing visible. Not a single post. All I get is a message that says "There are no posts in this forum." Probably I am not the only person in this community who cannot view the rules. Being unable to view the rules may explain why some people are not following them.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:53 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Conquest
I think its worth pointing out that when I look in the "Posting Guidelines" forum there is nothing visible. Not a single post. All I get is a message that says "There are no posts in this forum." Probably I am not the only person in this community who cannot view the rules. Being unable to view the rules may explain why some people are not following them.
https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...ist-posts.html
Old 01-11-2015, 11:31 PM
Paul Conquest
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the link, but I cannot access that page. Apparently I do not have sufficient access. Probably I am not alone. Just pointing this out, not taking sides.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:50 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Conquest
Thank you for the link, but I cannot access that page. Apparently I do not have sufficient access. Probably I am not alone. Just pointing this out, not taking sides.
You have to be a RL Member to see the Member posting guidelines.

Quick Reply: Why is Karl Leonard shown as banned?