Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

981 shopping - drivability/electrical checks on carfax?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 02:03 PM
PorscheAddict
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts
Default 981 shopping - drivability/electrical checks on carfax?

Hey, all,

I had a 987.1S that I tracked many years ago, went to the E92 M3 platform, then dedicated racecars, and now I'm back to wanting a Cayman as a DD/track vehicle.

It seems pretty hard to find the 981's with sport suspension and other desirable things for track use, like PTV, and the one that seems most ideally spec'd for my uses has some weird entries on the carfax.

Would any of you more knowledgeable 981 folks see if this looks off to you? I imagine some of the "electrical" stuff relates to coding out the fixed wing, but it is odd that it was so close to its "minor" accident: https://www.carfax.com/cfm/FSBO.cfm?...283AF855E7EEE1

Looking forward to rejoining the Porsche team!

PS: I am one of the super-lurkers! Joined May 2008 when I had my 987 and this is my first post!
Old 03-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Hard to say what the electrical stuff refers to. I've certainly not had any electrical issues with my base 981 Cayman.

I would comment that it is easy enough to add x73 to a base suspension car. It will cost several thousand $$$ though. Regarding PTV, I'm not sure that it adds much to a track car. I've heard it can eat up your rear brake pads in a hurry! I upgraded my base to x73 and have no PTV. It has been a dependable and fun track car.

Quick Reply: 981 shopping - drivability/electrical checks on carfax?