Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 LCAs--who can learn me up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 05:28 PM
badabing
Three Wheelin'

Received 84 Likes on 66 Posts

In thought plates go at the top of the strut. At or in place of the strut mount?
Old 01-16-2017, 12:25 AM
altonj
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gt4addict
i am in the same boat too, was thinking about GT3 LCA or RSS adjustable arms.

i found RSS comes in a package with all the shims and fully adjusted, with price lowered than gt3 ones,
any pros and cons between the two? which one is easier to install?

btw i am looking at -3 camber at the front,

thx
yes,

You get shims with RSS arms and they include a monoball inner pivot, adjustable solid caster puck and replacable outer ball joint (non of which come with factory arms) You still need to install them correctly and perform a wheel alignment regardless of which product (Porsche or RSS).

Cheers
Old 01-23-2017, 04:59 PM
gt4addict
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by altonj
yes,

You get shims with RSS arms and they include a monoball inner pivot, adjustable solid caster puck and replacable outer ball joint (non of which come with factory arms) You still need to install them correctly and perform a wheel alignment regardless of which product (Porsche or RSS).

Cheers
thanks for the info, i saw they have two models, 357 and 361.
Any idea what's the difference?
Old 01-23-2017, 05:52 PM
altonj
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The difference has to do with the application, front or rear. 357 is rear and 361 is front. The difference is in the castor puck dimensions.

Cheers
Old 05-18-2018, 05:37 AM
nima
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello. I am new to the forum.
Although I have searched a lot, I haven't found the answer to my questions.
I have a Cayman S 987.1 and want to add camber using adjustable lower control arms (the maximum I have on stock set up is 0.8 front).
My mechanic told me that if I am going to use GT3 LCA, I will also have to replace the other arm, the one that bolts onto this, let's say the one that controls castor.
I couldn't understand the reason, until he showed me the difference between stock control arm and the adjustable one. There is quite a difference in their height.

So, my question is, what do you guys do? Do you replace also the other arm?
Which is the height of RSS / Elephant racing / Tarett / SPC arm? Is it the same as the stock arm or is it the same as the adjustable one which means I will also have to replace the castor arm?

Thanks
Nikos
Old 05-18-2018, 11:26 AM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by nima
Hello. I am new to the forum.
Although I have searched a lot, I haven't found the answer to my questions.
I have a Cayman S 987.1 and want to add camber using adjustable lower control arms (the maximum I have on stock set up is 0.8 front).
My mechanic told me that if I am going to use GT3 LCA, I will also have to replace the other arm, the one that bolts onto this, let's say the one that controls castor.
I couldn't understand the reason, until he showed me the difference between stock control arm and the adjustable one. There is quite a difference in their height.

So, my question is, what do you guys do? Do you replace also the other arm?
Which is the height of RSS / Elephant racing / Tarett / SPC arm? Is it the same as the stock arm or is it the same as the adjustable one which means I will also have to replace the castor arm?

Thanks
Nikos
See post 14, you can get the complete kit from Suncoast parts. May need more shims than the kit comes with. You can also call Tarett direct with any questions. Ira has always been very helpful. Best of luck.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:08 PM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 228 Likes on 134 Posts

When you add shims to the LCA to increase camber, the fixed length diagonal link attached to the LCA is too short and adds caster. This is not necessarily a bad thing as it adds camber when turning. I ran for years with this condition. The "correct" way is either use adjustable diagonal arms or use an adjustable bushing on the LCA where the diagonal attaches. The other option is to use camber plates for more camber rather then shimming an adjustable LCA. Camber plates usually only add about -1 degree camber. Because of a tire rub issue, I use both camber plates and the adjustable LCA which came stock on my GT4.

Quick Reply: GT3 LCAs--who can learn me up?