Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Cayman S does ding ding - ding ding

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 07:28 PM
Seljan
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Cayman S does ding ding - ding ding

I have deactivated the speed control settings. The box that says active is not clicked. Yet it does this alarm almost everytime I drive the car. There is nothing consistent about it. This morning driving through town at 30mph and then again this evening on the way home from work at 55mph.

Anyone know what this alarm is about? I did a search here and didn't find anything.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:03 PM
mitch48
Advanced

I wish I knew also. Mine just started doing this a few weeks ago, nothing shows up, it does it at various speeds, and I don't have park distance on mine. I've not been to the dealer to inquire. It is a rather pleasant sound, "ding-ding, ding-ding", but I have no idea what it means. My car has just over 6000 miles on it, and I've not made any changes to cause it ( that I'm aware of).
Old 12-04-2016, 09:57 PM
Seljan
Pro

I am surprised with all these Cayman owners that no one had an answer.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:10 PM
Phil T
Burning Brakes

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts

Do you guys have your phones connected via Bluetooth? The message alert is a sorta ding sound.......Phil
Old 12-05-2016, 12:13 PM
NetMage
3rd Gear

If you have an android phone message notification and reading is apparently enabled by default - you can turn OFF in pcm settings but iphone is controlled from on phone settings.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:39 PM
Seljan
Pro

Originally Posted by M Ryder
Do you guys have your phones connected via Bluetooth? The message alert is a sorta ding sound.......Phil
Mine is, and that would make sense. Thankyou.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:05 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

If it the speed alarm the car will also display a message in multi function display. So if you hear the ding, look at the screen, if no message. It's coming from someplace else, like your phone.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:42 AM
mitch48
Advanced

Yes, I finally confirmed it is the text and email messages coming in. I was sitting at the bank drive-through when it went "ding-ding, ding-ding" and I noticed on the bottom left of the display an icon appeared (don't remember exactly what) which caused a light bulb to turn on in my feeble brain. I opened the phone app on the screen and sure enough, the last tab on the right was messages, I selected it and a text showed up. I see where it can be disabled so you no longer get the ding-ding sound, but I'm glad to figure this out, I didn't even know I had this capability on my PCM. Not that I'll ever use it while driving but when stopped in traffic I can scroll through to see if anything important has come in.

Quick Reply: 2016 Cayman S does ding ding - ding ding