Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cosmetic Modification to the Cayman S

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 08:48 PM
UCTeeth
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cosmetic Modification to the Cayman S

I posted this in the Cayman Register Forums, with good feedback so I thought I would post this here. I decided to do a minor cosmetic modification to the Cayman. Its with Vinyl so its reversible. What do you guys think Tasteful or Tasteless modifcation?

Feel free to leave any feedback below, even if its negative I appreciate it all
Old 10-25-2016, 12:33 PM
BoulderGeek
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the stripe. As you said, drive what you like. It's removable anyway.

I wasn't a fan of the Millennial "ricer" video. You could have done without all of that posturing and goofiness.

You're lucky to be able to swing a car like that at your age. I'm 49 and am still struggling with the costs of mine. I've made cosmetic changes that not everyone would make (Cayman R type rocker graphics, LED front spar mod, LED internal lights, charcoal alcantara wrap over the interior painted surfaces, etc). Gotta do what you enjoy.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:19 PM
BuellRacer
Cruisin'

Looks god to me.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:13 PM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

It would look better if you had mesh behind your grills. Or if you had centered the stripe...on a wall.

I vote no.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:14 PM
MRThomas
AutoX

I don't think it was as much of an impact when there isn't a lot of contrast between the car and the stripe.

Not really my thing, but to each his own. I saw a Cayman for sale once that was silver with a black stripe. I moved on when I didn't hear back from the dealer if it was removable.

I am more of a traditionalist -- ie: the classic American colors of white with a blue stripe, but that might look a bit odd on a German car. But again, if it make you happy. I wouldn't call it particularly "ricer."
Old 12-21-2016, 07:01 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

did he ricer his po.....................yes he is starting to
Old 12-21-2016, 08:01 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BoulderGeek
I like the stripe. As you said, drive what you like. It's removable anyway.

I wasn't a fan of the Millennial "ricer" video. You could have done without all of that posturing and goofiness.

You're lucky to be able to swing a car like that at your age. I'm 49 and am still struggling with the costs of mine. I've made cosmetic changes that not everyone would make (Cayman R type rocker graphics, LED front spar mod, LED internal lights, charcoal alcantara wrap over the interior painted surfaces, etc). Gotta do what you enjoy.
Do you have pics? I say we can make this into a pretty good pic thread.

I'll take some of mine this weekend.

I did LED lights in the foglights, but the color does not match the LED spars. Maybe I'll do a youtube instead. Might be interesting. I also did LED lights, but noticed that the Suncoast kit does not include the glove box, and the rear hatch LED is not bright enough to act as an overhead lights.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:04 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think you ricered it. If anything, you did not quite go far enough with the front of the stripe. I'd have probably done something to blend it into the front bumper.
Old 12-24-2016, 05:45 PM
maplefrm
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Just my opinion but I think it looks cheap and like something a 16-18 year old kid would add to his first car. Sorry, but I vote Tasteless and totally unnecessary.
Old 12-26-2016, 02:12 PM
UCTeeth
Intermediate

Originally Posted by maplefrm
Just my opinion but I think it looks cheap and like something a 16-18 year old kid would add to his first car. Sorry, but I vote Tasteless and totally unnecessary.
Hey man thanks for the feedback. No need to be sorry, I said all type of feedback is welcome. Everyone has their own style when it comes to their cars if this isn't your cup of tea thats cool with me (hey that rhymed!) I am just glad you took the time to watch the video!

Quick Reply: Cosmetic Modification to the Cayman S