Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front end treatment for '06 Cayman S

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 01:13 PM
rx7turbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end treatment for '06 Cayman S

I recently bought some front end lights for my '05 Boxster that really update the looks of the car along with the tail light assemblies from DelRey Customs.

The less bright LED tube is controlled by the headlight switch and the bright string of bulbs is controlled by the fog light switch.

Name:  DSC03715%20Custom_zpslwekgduc.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  216.5 KB

Name:  DSC02304_zpsdo9j9uir.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  532.2 KB

I have the same tail lights on the Cayman and they work great.

I bought the assembly that has a string of LEDs in it but you lose the fog light as the LEDs are run strictly on the parking lights.

So, is there anything out there similar to the assembly for the Boxster made for the Cayman that uses both sets of lights.

For that matter, I know where there is a wrecked '06 Boxster and the nose is intact. Will the same year Boxster nose fit on the Cayman?

I don't want to get into all the custom bodywork that I have seen some do.

I know, probably not doable but I figured someone here might know about something like this.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:43 PM
rx7turbo
Instructor

I have had these lying around for a long time so I went ahead and put them on:

Name:  DSC02428_zpsu6mfonub.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  104.2 KB

Name:  DSC02433_zpsfba5fzrb.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  131.4 KB

Name:  DSC02437_zpsokwdcdhw.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  117.7 KB

Name:  DSC02440_zps55drfjae.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  88.3 KB

Name:  DSC02441_zps9ypnrb4s.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  116.9 KB

They are okay but I lose the use of the fog light and switch. I have the connector bagged and taped on each but would like to have that additional light but this is okay.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:45 PM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rx7turbo
I recently bought some front end lights for my '05 Boxster that really update the looks of the car along with the tail light assemblies from DelRey Customs.

The less bright LED tube is controlled by the headlight switch and the bright string of bulbs is controlled by the fog light switch.

I have the same tail lights on the Cayman and they work great.

I bought the assembly that has a string of LEDs in it but you lose the fog light as the LEDs are run strictly on the parking lights.

So, is there anything out there similar to the assembly for the Boxster made for the Cayman that uses both sets of lights.

For that matter, I know where there is a wrecked '06 Boxster and the nose is intact. Will the same year Boxster nose fit on the Cayman?

I don't want to get into all the custom bodywork that I have seen some do.

I know, probably not doable but I figured someone here might know about something like this.
You've seen the update grills with LED spars? Very nicely executed. Search eBay. There is also a YouTube video from PCA. I think that's what's shown above.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:33 PM
rx7turbo
Instructor

Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4
You've seen the update grills with LED spars? Very nicely executed. Search eBay. There is also a YouTube video from PCA. I think that's what's shown above.
All I see is the one I already have.

Quick Reply: Front end treatment for '06 Cayman S