Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introducing RennStand – a new jack stand created by a Porsche owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 03:15 PM
gyrfalcon
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introducing RennStand – a new jack stand created by a Porsche owner

I’d like to introduce a new type of jackstand I’ve developed that I hope you might find useful for your Cayman.

I’ve been a member of Rennlist since 2009, around the time when I was finally able to afford my long-awaited 993, and just a few days ago I became a site sponsor due to the increased interest in my stands. Back in June I shared the idea with the 993 forum and so many members responded positively that we now have a website up and are building a list of interested customers through the site.

Please check out the prototype demo video above if you have a moment. We’re still working very hard towards production, but if you’re interested in a set when they become available please visit us at www.rennstand.com and click the ‘Join Our List’ tab to sign up. We’ll be providing you with updates as we get closer to a release date including further technical and pricing/ordering info.

Here’s the link to our thread in the 993 forum: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-new-idea.html

And also a link to an article written about our design by Greg Childs, head moderator of NICOclub, which is the largest Nissan enthusiast site on the net: http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/rennstand.html

We now have multiple patents on the invention with yet others pending, and testing of the design was done by an engineer at the premier aerospace engineering school in the world, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona, to ensure strength and durability. For the prototype shown in the video, the load rating is 2 tons/pair based on ANSI standards, the height range is 11” to 15” and will accept a jack with a wheelbase up to 11.25”. A pair disassembles into a package 7”x9”x12” and weighs 23lbs. Some of these figures may change somewhat as the stands transition from prototype to production model, but we will be sending that information in updates to everyone on our customer list as soon as we have those final figures.

Please share your comments below or feel free to pm me directly. Thanks for taking the time to check out the stands, and I hope you will visit our website www.rennstand.com and join our list. I greatly appreciate your interest and any feedback you’re willing to provide!

Best regards,

Frank Ceravolo, CEO
RennStand Inc.

Last edited by gyrfalcon; 10-01-2016 at 04:39 PM. Reason: the words "jack stand" were linking to amazon for some reason
Old 10-01-2016, 04:48 PM
logan2z
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't work on my own car and so I don't need a set of jackstands, but I have to say that this is a very clever design that appears to be well executed. Best of luck in your endeavor.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:13 PM
gyrfalcon
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by logan2z
I don't work on my own car and so I don't need a set of jackstands, but I have to say that this is a very clever design that appears to be well executed. Best of luck in your endeavor.
Much appreciated!
Old 02-11-2017, 11:24 PM
newold_m
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Just finished a transmission oil change on my Cayman and these would have came in very handy as it was a multi step process to get the car safely off the ground.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:09 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They look nice. Probably better than the ratcheting jack stands, I guess.

But the dude wearing flip flops and shorts has got to go. I would feel better if he was wearing steel toe boots and gloves. I'd at least feel that he was concerned about his safety and hence, my safety.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:07 PM
gyrfalcon
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by newold_m
Just finished a transmission oil change on my Cayman and these would have came in very handy as it was a multi step process to get the car safely off the ground.
Thank you!
Old 02-13-2017, 04:09 PM
gyrfalcon
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rusnak
They look nice. Probably better than the ratcheting jack stands, I guess.

But the dude wearing flip flops and shorts has got to go. I would feel better if he was wearing steel toe boots and gloves. I'd at least feel that he was concerned about his safety and hence, my safety.
Thank you! Duly noted on the footwear
Old 02-14-2017, 02:24 PM
kurbycar32
AutoX

I like it! Before I crawl under a car though, what's the weight capacity?
Old 02-14-2017, 02:38 PM
gyrfalcon
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kurbycar32
I like it! Before I crawl under a car though, what's the weight capacity?
Thank you! They will be rated to at least 2 tons/pair by ANSI standard.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:38 PM
trendy996
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any fatigue test numbers on the bolts/pins? When the vehicle is let down all that movement in the stand makes me cringe.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:26 AM
newold_m
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Is there a rough timeline on when these would be available?

Quick Reply: Introducing RennStand – a new jack stand created by a Porsche owner