Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My First Porsche Cayman or Porsche for that Matter

Old 08-19-2016, 01:31 PM
UCTeeth
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First Porsche Cayman or Porsche for that Matter

A couple months ago I was finally in a position to drive a car that I wanted to drive, and not a car I had to drive. So I researched for a some time before hand, then asked questions on here. This forum along with my local PCA club were great sources of knowledge.

I ended up going with an 2008 Cayman S and I can now see why people love these cars so much. I look forward to driving this any chance I get. This is my daily commuter and its such a joy.

Having this car got me more and more interested in the car scene. I decided to start a YouTube channel where, I am documenting my experience or lack there of with my car and things that I decide to do to it.

For anyone that wants to have a laugh at an inexperienced Porsche Owner or wants to learn to do certain small modifications to their own Cayman, please feel free to check out my channel! Feed back is always welcome!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg9...pIpiyeeKfTxGyQ

Small Video on Changing Side Markers I made:

Cheers!
Old 08-19-2016, 09:02 PM
400hp944
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do go with the clear engine cover I would be curious to know how much more engine noise is in the cabin. Looking forward to seeing it when done.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:50 PM
UCTeeth
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 400hp944
If you do go with the clear engine cover I would be curious to know how much more engine noise is in the cabin. Looking forward to seeing it when done.

Yeah for sure man, its on my to do list, but I gotta change a couple things before that (exhaust, shifter ****, shift kit possibly). Either tomorrow or Monday I am posting a video showing how I changed the stock shifter, to the Rennline Aluminum Shift ****.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:14 PM
UCTeeth
Intermediate

Here is the video of my Rennline aluminum shift ****. There were no videos on youtube on how to do this so I just used so instructional forum post. Be easy on me guys, my goal isn't to be a perfect tutorial more of how it can be fun and most people can do it.

Old 08-21-2016, 08:52 PM
Royraiden
AutoX

I've watched a few of your videos and enjoyed them ,Ill subscribe if I havent already.I recently got my own 987 S and plan on doing some videos of it in the future, its nice to share these nice pieces of machinery with the rest of the world
Old 08-22-2016, 09:56 PM
karatari
AutoX

Nice. Will be installing a new shift **** soon.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:42 PM
UCTeeth
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Royraiden
I've watched a few of your videos and enjoyed them ,Ill subscribe if I havent already.I recently got my own 987 S and plan on doing some videos of it in the future, its nice to share these nice pieces of machinery with the rest of the world
Awesome thanks man! I really appreciate you taking the time to watch it. Let me know when you start posting videos!
Old 08-23-2016, 11:43 PM
UCTeeth
Intermediate

Originally Posted by karatari
Nice. Will be installing a new shift **** soon.
Awesome, which shift **** are you going with? Took me a while to decide. Planning my next mods now, releasing a video tomorrow morning to hopefully have some people chime on in on which I should do
Old 08-30-2016, 01:34 PM
UCTeeth
Intermediate

Was I the only one that did this? Thanks for any support you guys can give me and have given me already I really appreciate it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My First Porsche Cayman or Porsche for that Matter