Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 04:15 PM
GMP Performance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Porsche Cayman GT4 Roll Bar and Harness Install at GMP Performance

Caymans are adaptable little creatures, walking the fine line between daily driver and track car with the ability of absolutely mastering both sides. This adaptability has always made them incredibly popular at the track, with many an owner improving it as they improve themselves. So when the Cayman GT4 arrived at dealerships, touting track mastery straight from the factory and offering a whole new level of performance from your Cayman, it wasn't long at all before they popped up at race tracks everywhere.

Without the need for many upgrades, that leaves owners sticking to the basics when it comes to the aftermarket life: harnesses and roll bars. And that is exactly what this gorgeous blue beauty swung by for.

Parts Installed:
Cayman 981/GT4 Cantrell Motorsports Bolt-In Rollbar
Schroth Profi II-6 Hans Seat Belt Harnesses
Rennline Rev4 Fully Adjustable Gas Pedal

The Build

We're ready to roll with the roll bar!

Seats removed

Before

The harnesses installed on the bar

Rear shot of the installed bar

Threading the bar through the stock seats

In go the seats and the install is done.

Porsche said of the GT4 that it is their "tribute to all the motorsport enthusiasts and performance motivators. To all those who really do mean business.To all the victories of tomorrow, to all the personal bests still to be achieved." Now, with safety measures fully in place, the owner of this GT4 can concentrate on nothing but living up to that motto.

To see more of the build, click here!
Old 05-23-2016, 07:28 PM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 228 Likes on 134 Posts

If you'e using a HANS, I think the Cantrell harness guides are too far apart. I fastened them inside the guides.
Attached Images  
Old 08-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Lehman
If you'e using a HANS, I think the Cantrell harness guides are too far apart. I fastened them inside the guides.
Why do you think the guides are too far apart?
Old 08-03-2016, 11:07 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Shandingo
Why do you think the guides are too far apart?
It will depend somewhat on the individual driver and seat position. The recommended spacing between the shoulder straps can be found in the Schroth installation instructions and also HANS documentation. (Also FIA has guidelines.) Generally I would prefer a plain bar and use split collars to position the shoulder straps.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:18 AM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by zedcat

It will depend somewhat on the individual driver and seat position. The recommended spacing between the shoulder straps can be found in the Schroth installation instructions and also HANS documentation. (Also FIA has guidelines.) Generally I would prefer a plain bar and use split collars to position the shoulder straps.
With respect to what you said about it depending on the driver, are you referring to the width of the driver's shoulders? If so, is a driver with narrow shoulders more likely to need the straps to be closer together?

Quick Reply: Porsche Cayman GT4 Roll Bar and Harness Install at GMP Performance