Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any red flags on this CarFax?

Old 05-09-2016, 11:25 PM
citamarret
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any red flags on this CarFax?

Hi all,

First time poster here, but I've been lurking for a bit ever since I got bit by the Cayman-bug. I've come across a 2014 Cayman S that interests me, and I was wondering if y'all see anything in the CarFax I should worry about (link below)? Does anything on there void the warranty(assuming that can be determined from the limited info available)?

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...&partner=GAZ_0

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-10-2016, 04:39 PM
BoulderGeek
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Somehow it spent more than a year at the dealer's in Florida, and racked up 1,000 miles. Hoonage?

Also, a rental car was beaten. Unless this was a lease with one person driving it.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:54 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 429 Likes on 289 Posts

It appears that this was probably a lease car. When returned off of lease it sat on the dealers lot for a few months. When it didn't move, they sent it to the Manheim auction where it was picked up by another dealer who swapped it off to a third dealer after they couldn't unload it.

It appears to be currently sitting at a Porsche dealer in FL. It appears that there may have been some issues with the computer. I'd ask the dealer if they would CPO it. If they say no, thank them and walk away, or really low ball the price. If they say yes, the car is probably OK. Then you have to decide if you want to pay a couple thou more for the CPO or take as is.

What are the specs on this Cayman?
Old 05-11-2016, 01:05 AM
eddielasvegas
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

https://admin.porschedealer.com/repo...AB2A83EK190984

Originally Posted by DBH
What are the specs on this Cayman?
Nicely optioned I must say. Should be under warranty until May 31, 2017.

Originally Posted by DBH
...I'd ask the dealer if they would CPO it...
What would CPO get the buyer, I mean besides two more years of warranty? Maybe some extra peace of mind? IIRC, a Pcar can be CPO-ed if it has had two or fewer body panels with paint/body work.

Might be issues with this car like color combo, etc. that has made it a tough sell, but if you make an offer, ensure the sale is contingent on a PPI and get a really good one.

Good luck,

Eddie
Old 05-11-2016, 09:26 AM
citamarret
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help, folks. Turns out I was a little too late and it got sold already! The hunt continues.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any red flags on this CarFax?