Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman S with 911 engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 12:55 PM
Joshua Felder
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayman S with 911 engine swap

Hey Everyone,
I've recently been looking at purchasing my first Porsche.
Originally I wanted to find a 996 TT 6spd Coupe, but its been difficult to find lately in my price range. ($
Old 04-30-2016, 01:00 PM
Joshua Felder
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure why the first post cut off half of my message,

Originally I wanted to find a 996 TT 6spd Coupe, but its been difficult to find lately in my price range of 40K

I've also really liked the Cayman S for its weight distribution and performance. Recently I was checking out a few cars and stumbled upon a 08 Cayman S with a 08 911 S, Engine swap. (36k motor) 46k on chassis.

Does anyone have experience with these swaps and know of any potential issues to look for?

The price is right and I would be essentially buying the car at market value.

I've also really liked the Cayman S for its weight distribution and performance. Recently I was checking out a few cars and stumbled upon a 08 Cayman S with a 08 911 S, Engine swap. (36k motor) 46k on chassis.

Does anyone have experience with these swaps and know of any potential issues to look for?

The price is right and I would be essentially buying the car at market value.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:31 PM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 75 Posts

It's fairly common and there are few issues inherent in the comparability of the swap. A lot of it comes down to how meticulous he builder is, and their attention to detail as they make the swap, and disturb a lot of 8+ year-old parts. Also, did they do anything with the IMS while the engine was out? How many new pieces-parts went back in? Here's a build that was done really well, and I believe the car is available still .

http://kmcauto.com/3.8l-converted-20...-cayman-s.html

Quick Reply: Cayman S with 911 engine swap