Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2015 Cayman GTS discounts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 02:54 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Default New 2015 Cayman GTS discounts?

I have a bead on a new Cayman GTS, built earlier this year. Only has Navigation and park assist for options.

Sticker is about 85k, which is what they are asking.

Seeing that we are going into 2016, is there much negotiating power on this?

Thoughts on anyone purchasing a similar car with similar time kinda thing, i.e. a new 2013 bought in December 2014?

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dealers in my area-Boston, routinely discount,I'd look for 5k +- off esp if they have had it a while
Old 12-10-2015, 02:30 AM
Donnie C
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a year old experience on a GTS... not much movement, say 3% off.
Some people have claimed more, one dealer offered me a lot less.
But with no more allocations left -- I wouldn't be surprised with a firming market.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:05 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

A 2015 that's still on the lot should be $5k - $8k off.
There are also a number of low mile pre-owned cars for sale. A handful are former Porsche executive cars.

Wouldn't pay sticker for a 2015.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:22 AM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

That is what I would think, I should check back in the middle of January if the car is still there. I did look around for used GTS same year with less than 1000 miles and they were asking a little below list. Plus lux tax has to be paid on new cars here.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:13 PM
PCarOMFS
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I ordered a 2016 CGTS, MSRP was $85k and received 3% discount. I'd ask for $5k off but think $3k off would be fair.
Old 12-30-2015, 01:04 AM
inkatouring
Three Wheelin'

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

There are no more GTS allotments available and there would be no more 6 cylinder GTS builds. So there is some rarity to the car and there may be little or no discount available....
Old 01-19-2016, 09:43 PM
merbesfield
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts

What makes a CGTS rare? Seems like there are a number for sale out there. Trying to decide between a CGTS and an allocation I have for a GT4.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:35 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by merbesfield
What makes a CGTS rare? Seems like there are a number for sale out there. Trying to decide between a CGTS and an allocation I have for a GT4.
I'm not sure about the rare thing either. My dealer has a 2016 sitting unmolested on the showroom floor, that could be had at a discounted price quite easily.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:07 PM
mitch48
Advanced

I just took delivery of my CGTS, ordered the first of November, and the dealer gave me 6% off before I even began bargaining with him. I got a few more little perks and think I got a very good deal. They told me it was their last GTS allocation. YMMV.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:06 PM
edkwon
Racer

Received 246 Likes on 97 Posts

Hi, new potential 2015 Cayman GTS shopper, some questions:

It's now currently May 2016, and compared to when this thread was started in 12/2015 I'm sure the nationwide inventory of new manual 6 spd GTS cars in Porsche dealerships all over the country have shrank somewhat. I live in Southern California and unfortunately supplies in local dealerships here are very few, majority being PDK cars. I am pretty dead set on a manual and the nearest example is up in Santa Barbara (I live in Los Angeles). I have been extending my search throughout the state and several neighboring states dealerships.

Also I have been doing inventory searches thru a sales guy at a local dealership near me and I've found some desirable spec and color cars but for the most part they are being listed between $88-92k regardless of location. I'm going to try and negotiate a deal with my local salesman first, settle on a price and then have him do a dealer swap. My target price is as close to paying $90k out the door as much as they will allow. I know this is likely impossible but what I am pushing for and willing to meet halfway.

If he doesn't play ball then I will have to contact these other offsite dealerships individual and try to bargain with them on an individual basis. I've been keeping track on car inventories so I have a sense on wether they are moving or not.

I'm more used to negotiating price on higher volume seller cars and I know most of those tactics won't apply towards a more limited production model like the Cayman GTS, especially in the NA 6 cylinder and manual 6 spd. Any tips or suggestions from more experience Porsche shoppers is appreciated.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:28 PM
Marvinta
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by edkwon
Hi, new potential 2015 Cayman GTS shopper, some questions:

It's now currently May 2016, and compared to when this thread was started in 12/2015 I'm sure the nationwide inventory of new manual 6 spd GTS cars in Porsche dealerships all over the country have shrank somewhat. I live in Southern California and unfortunately supplies in local dealerships here are very few, majority being PDK cars. I am pretty dead set on a manual and the nearest example is up in Santa Barbara (I live in Los Angeles). I have been extending my search throughout the state and several neighboring states dealerships.

Also I have been doing inventory searches thru a sales guy at a local dealership near me and I've found some desirable spec and color cars but for the most part they are being listed between $88-92k regardless of location. I'm going to try and negotiate a deal with my local salesman first, settle on a price and then have him do a dealer swap. My target price is as close to paying $90k out the door as much as they will allow. I know this is likely impossible but what I am pushing for and willing to meet halfway.

If he doesn't play ball then I will have to contact these other offsite dealerships individual and try to bargain with them on an individual basis. I've been keeping track on car inventories so I have a sense on wether they are moving or not.

I'm more used to negotiating price on higher volume seller cars and I know most of those tactics won't apply towards a more limited production model like the Cayman GTS, especially in the NA 6 cylinder and manual 6 spd. Any tips or suggestions from more experience Porsche shoppers is appreciated.
I think you could get into a lightly used CGTS for around 75k. The GT4 canabalized the CGTS market. At least that's my impression.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:11 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 430 Likes on 290 Posts

Porsche is no longer manufacturing this model. They've moved on to the turbo four 718. There may be a few "new" cars still in dealer inventory. I would expect little or no discount off MSRP. You may have better luck in a pre-owned car. I believe you'd have a better chance of finding a PDK car than manual.

Good luck with your search.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:32 AM
RCLNG
5th Gear

edkown, I was in a similar position as you. Live in LA, looked for a new S or GTS manual in the LA area and surrounding 100 mile radius. Nada. I didn't go used because there wasn't much discount to be had (plus no manuals anyway near me). I went the opposite direction and recently got a new black edition. A little over $60K out the door with at least 80% of the fun factor of the GTS. The engine / exhaust notes, free revving nature, and value won me over. Good luck in your search.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:18 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

window closing/closed on 981 cay gts, similar to 991 gts

maybe in a nook or cranny of the country small dealer will still think the one they have on hand is an orphan leftover unit to be cleared out cheap, but not in most major metro areas i don't think dealers are that stupid

time of year working against u too

may be smarter to look for a cayman S with sport chrono plus and spasm if there is one so equipped

Quick Reply: New 2015 Cayman GTS discounts?