Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gt4 market

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 05:20 PM
JoeDubs
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT4 for sale

371 miles, White on Black w/Alcantara
Extended fuel tank
PCCB
Net in passenger footwell
Bi-Xenon PDLS in black
Sport Chrono w/PTP App
Sirius
PCM w/Nav
Wheels in satin Black
MSRP 99,855
Asking $110,000, or best offer
Email me for pics, etc

Joe W
Old 11-18-2015, 04:17 PM
nowata
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts
Default how to equip a gt4?

assuming you had an allotment, how would you spec it with resale potential in mind? assuming a march 2016 arrival.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:12 PM
speedemon
Intermediate

Default Spec April 2016

I paid a $5K deposit last week ($15K over) to spec upon delivery as follows:

GT Silver
PCCB
LWB
Alcantera w deviated yellow stitching (extended - dash, steering wheel, etc)
Carbon interior, illuminated door sills, accents
Black Stanchions
Standard wheels (not black)
Base music / electronics

Not sure i had resale in mind, more a personal choice. i really struggled with Metallic Dark Blue - neighbor has it on his Turbo, beautiful. Unfortunately, for me there are some wonderful shadow lines to pick up on this car that are lost with the darker colors. However, that just an opinion and you know what they say about those....

I'm not a speculator, just a driver and probably an idiot for over paying; however, I live in California and they're tough to spec unless you happen to have been on their list early, which I wasn't.

Best of luck to you. I hope you get what you want.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:02 AM
dennisafrompa
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I thought Porsche had a policy against dealer mark ups, at least that was the case a few years ago. That was for cars received directly from the factory through Porsche North America.
Old 12-09-2015, 10:58 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

Look in the GT4 forum.
There are people who just found allocations at MSRP.
Seems the market for speculators has passed.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:01 PM
speedemon
Intermediate

Default speculators

I have a 2008 GT3 and have a good relationship with my local dealership, but due to my late arrival for interest in this model, I'm way down on their list. They indicated the likelihood of getting one due to my position was remote and some dealers may request above MSRP to accommodate. Her exact words were, "some dealers are getting over asking and filling orders, we don't do it that way". The deposit taken reads as follows, "Buyer has agreed to deposit the sum of $XYZ with the dealership to facilitate dealers special order of the particularly configured vehicle requested by Buyer which is not otherwise present in dealers inventory. Buyer has provided this deposit with dealer and acknowledges that the dealership would suffer monetary damage(s) if the vehicle ordered is not ultimately purchased by Buyer. Buyer acknowledges that dealer may seek all legal remedies if Buyer fails to execute a contract for the above described vehicle". The MSRP was $109K and the "sales price" identifies $124K, thus the $15K over.

I'm keeping the GT3 and plan to keep this one long term as well - even though the thought of paying over sticker does needle me. I suppose it's part of the deal. I'm not going to lament over $15K when I'm driving it, hopefully. haha.

Quick Reply: Gt4 market