Sponsored by: APR

OPTION Delete GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 05:38 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OPTION Delete GT4?

So I'm hoping that my number comes up and I get to order my GT4. I'm thinking of doing an A/C and Radio delete car with only the LW Bucket Seats and sports chrono options.

My question is around the overall thoughts of this. I'm thinking about the RS America prices with option delete cars and I'm also thinking about how I would be using this car. It certainly won't be a daily driver. I'm also not looking at this as an investment but as a long term friend.

BTW, let's not talk about the likelihood of getting a car, I'm prepared to wait until next year if necessary.

Last edited by trackjunky; 08-10-2015 at 11:42 PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:06 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 257 Posts

Bold move. Can you drive it in the summer months with no AC where you live? Can't think of many places. I had a car with no AC in Norway south coast and was fine. In Texas, no way.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:47 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zedcat
Bold move. Can you drive it in the summer months with no AC where you live? Can't think of many places. I had a car with no AC in Norway south coast and was fine. In Texas, no way.
I did drive my track car to and from TWS without A/C, but I then bought a trailer.

My thoughts are that this car is going to be doing more track time than cruising time and even though I plan to keep the car a good long time, IIRC those RSA's with option delete's were very rare and sought after in this crazy aftermarket. Plus, I might order all of the Club Sport bits later and make it a US spec GT4CS.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:19 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by trackjunky
I did drive my track car to and from TWS without A/C, but I then bought a trailer.

My thoughts are that this car is going to be doing more track time than cruising time and even though I plan to keep the car a good long time, IIRC those RSA's with option delete's were very rare and sought after in this crazy aftermarket. Plus, I might order all of the Club Sport bits later and make it a US spec GT4CS.
Cool. I'm headed to TWS this sat in my Cayman (with A/C!). It will be 100+F.

If going to a clubsport spec would you not order with the light weight buckets rather than sport seats? My GT4 spec is sapphire blue, LWBs and that's it.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:24 PM
equ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up my gt4 on Saturday. Mine is a street spec, 18-ways and some other luxo options. YMMV, but it's a really comfy car. I can't imagine trailering it, it'll go to a track hundreds of miles away like a German sedan and then kick a$$ on the track. It's a wonderful car, but it's not a hard core punishment box, it doesn't ride crazy hard, nor is it crazy loud cruising.

FYI...
Old 08-10-2015, 11:43 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zedcat
If going to a clubsport spec would you not order with the light weight buckets rather than sport seats? My GT4 spec is sapphire blue, LWBs and that's it.
Edited........

The Sports Chrono allows you to pull data through an app which is why I would order it otherwise its the LWB's. Can't seem to think why I would need anything else.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:44 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by equ
Picked up my gt4 on Saturday.

FYI...
Pictures?
Old 08-11-2015, 12:33 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 718 Likes on 394 Posts

I'd also ask on the GT4 forum.

The LWB's are a must. Sport Chrono not so much - see the threads on the GT3 forum, seems it's not all that useful.

I'd be careful with the A/C delete. The Boxster Spyders and Cayman R's with no A/C have taken a long time to sell and are significantly discounted in price compared with fully equipped cars.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:56 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 281 Posts

Are you going to gut it out and throw in a cage? If so then delete all that you are going to toss out. Otherwise equip it comfortably. Wild *** guessing about what the car may be worth in the future is for those with flux capacitors and DeLorians.(sp)
Get the car and drive it. When you tire of it then get something else.
Old 08-15-2015, 12:22 AM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

I think it comes down to how much you value it for usage vs. resale. The impact on the former is not material, except for the track enthusiasts; the impact on the later is considerable, at least for many.

For most buyers, A/C and radio are desirable features. In addition, their absence signals that it was likely a track car; for many buyers, that would scare them off, though others may not care or just adjust pricing accordingly. As noted above, the A/C and radio delete cars take a long time to sell and fetch low values. Personally, I wouldn't touch one, because A/C is a must-have and, to a lesser extent, I would worry about abuse on the track.
Old 08-16-2015, 12:05 PM
larrylgreenhill
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if the Sport Chrono with Track Precision App will work if you delete the radio? That app depends on a bluetooth connection between the GT4 and your smartphone. The dealer doesn't seem to know, because it is possible to order the sport chrono/prescision app $1800 option even after ordering the radio delete.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:04 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by larrylgreenhill
Does anyone know if the Sport Chrono with Track Precision App will work if you delete the radio? That app depends on a bluetooth connection between the GT4 and your smartphone. The dealer doesn't seem to know, because it is possible to order the sport chrono/prescision app $1800 option even after ordering the radio delete.
Great question..........
Old 08-20-2015, 11:00 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by trackjunky
So I'm hoping that my number comes up and I get to order my GT4. I'm thinking of doing an A/C and Radio delete car with only the LW Bucket Seats and sports chrono options.

My question is around the overall thoughts of this. I'm thinking about the RS America prices with option delete cars and I'm also thinking about how I would be using this car. It certainly won't be a daily driver. I'm also not looking at this as an investment but as a long term friend.

BTW, let's not talk about the likelihood of getting a car, I'm prepared to wait until next year if necessary.
I would get AC for sure - if you need to sell and don't have AC - it will be a tough sale. Buy for now and for your use but protect for emergecny sale.

Track precision app requires radio and some upgrades. For track duty there may be more cost effective options
Old 08-21-2015, 01:37 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by supercup
Track precision app requires radio and some upgrades. For track duty there may be more cost effective options
Can you expand on this a little more? Are the other upgrades also options or do they come complete with the Sports Chrono option and therefore you need to also keep the radio?

more cost effective? i.e. traqmate?
Old 08-29-2015, 07:40 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

I just spent an hour ordering mine at the store yesterday.

LWB
Fire extinguisher
radio delete
manual AC (there are 3 different AZ options: delete, manual and 2 zone auto lux ac)
delete headlight washers
yellow belts
12'oclock marking in yellow on steering wheel
aluminum pedals/footrest
black wing supports
satin black painted wheels
lithium lightweight battery
big fuel tank
sport chrono w/ app (dealer said you can order this in conjunction with radio delete but will have to use a phone for the data collection, if this turns out to be true I will cancel sport chrono)

Quick Reply: OPTION Delete GT4?