Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to add a Sport Chrono to 2010 Cayman

Old 06-21-2015, 05:10 PM
Cayman10-mhf
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to add a Sport Chrono to 2010 Cayman

Any tips or suggestions on how to go about doing this. Can any one who added this one tell me about their experiences?

Thanks!

Marc
Old 06-21-2015, 07:02 PM
Draven
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cayman10-mhf
Any tips or suggestions on how to go about doing this. Can any one who added this one tell me about their experiences?

Thanks!

Marc
Just take it to an OPC, although it's worth phoning around as in my experience prices vary wildly.

Had mine retrofitted because I never liked the wart in my 911. Took a couple of hours to do as I remember, but they need notice because the software update is sent from Germany and needs to be locked to your car beforehand.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:40 PM
djm68
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I had this done when I ordered my Cayman R as I did not like the dash wart, plus I wanted my R without A/C and radio. If you wanted Sport Chrono functionality, you were forced to get audio as well.

I simply had my dealer order the kit and had them install it once the car arrived. It actually cost a bit more to do this via the dealer vs. installed via the factory ($1500-ish). It works exactly as it should -- sport mode results in more aggressive throttle response and PDK shift pattern, where as Sport+ results in extremely fast/hard PDK shifts. Launch control works as expected too, though I've only used it a few times.

Cheers,
DJM

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how to add a Sport Chrono to 2010 Cayman