Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 and Cayman S nanny question

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 09:31 AM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 228 Likes on 134 Posts

zador, The sensor is behind the center consul. I believe if you do search on Planet 9 you can find an article on this.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:56 PM
DeerHunter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
Totally suck if nanny cannot be turned off. How can you steer with the throttle with nannies trying to "protect" you?
I'm not worried. From the Motortrend GT4 First Drive:
Gliding through Portimao's Samsung corner, former World Rally Champion Walter Rohrl is driving the Cayman GT4 very, very quickly, but by now I've spent enough time with the car to sense it's got some left in it. As we exit Turn 9, Rohrl glances in the mirror at the three GT4s tailing us. They're keeping up. His face, already stoic, tightens slightly. His eyes narrow, and his body language is suddenly slightly but obviously more serious. It's on. Rohrl is driving the GT4 for everything it's worth. Three corners later, he backs off a bit, looks over at me, and says dryly, "Sometimes you have to show them who is the chief."

It's there, at the razor's edge, where I finally appreciate just how good the GT4 is. Rohrl has left the traction and stability control on, and they never make themselves known, even allowing him to rotate the car several degrees at corner exit. It's immediately clear to me the car wants to go even faster, but we've reached the limit of what the best street tire can do.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:07 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
I'm not worried. From the Motortrend GT4 First Drive:
We shall see. "Several degrees" may be track. Autocross is a lot more than several degrees. 10? 15? 20?
My RS will allow "several degrees", but much more then that and power gets cut or a brake gets applied. If I forget it I may not notice until I get to "that turn" and it is too late. Nanny takes a dump on my run.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:50 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

A proper LSD vs that rubbish supplied from the factory will give you more than a couple degrees of rotation.

Quick Reply: GT4 and Cayman S nanny question