Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joining the club

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 10:04 AM
PCarOMFS
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Joining the club

I put down a deposit for a MY 2016 Cayman GTS last evening. Allocations are assigned in August and I can't wait! I am new to Porsche and began my DE experience last year. At the time, my dad and I drove his 991 C2S together. This year, he made the jump to a 991 GT3, which we are also tracking together. Porsche is a phenomenal driving experience and I was drawn to the Cayman as I think it is a car that will allow me to become a much better driver. This will be my second car and will likely see 80% street and 20% track. A Cayman GTS is an awesome entry point into the Porsche line up! My specs on the build are as follows:

White
Black leather with Alcantara interior
Manual transmission
20" 911 Turbo wheels
PTV
Sport suspension
2-way Sport seats
Bose Infotainment package
Fire extinguisher
Smoking package (I don't smoke but wanted the tray in the center console)
Convenience package
Power folding side mirrors
Autodimming rear view and side mirrors with rain sensor

I kept it reasonably optioned but did not go overboard with interior options. I really like the GTS interior package but I think the standard interior is pretty sharp. I'm looking forward to being a part of your community!

Mike
Old 04-10-2015, 10:42 AM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

Congrats! That is a nicely spec'd car...
Old 04-10-2015, 11:58 AM
Turborascal
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on a nice build. My GTS is near the magic 2k mile official break-in period after which it'll get an oil and filter change followed by some seriously spirited driving.

I see that you cross-posted on the Planet 9 forum. Might want to also jump into the 981 Waiters Club: Executive Meeting thread.

Enjoy co-driving with your dad as the anticipation builds for receipt of your own Porsche!
Old 04-10-2015, 12:41 PM
PCarOMFS
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by masti99
Congrats! That is a nicely spec'd car...
Originally Posted by Turborascal
Congratulations on a nice build. My GTS is near the magic 2k mile official break-in period after which it'll get an oil and filter change followed by some seriously spirited driving.

I see that you cross-posted on the Planet 9 forum. Might want to also jump into the 981 Waiters Club: Executive Meeting thread.

Enjoy co-driving with your dad as the anticipation builds for receipt of your own Porsche!
Thanks very much. There are so many knowledgeable people on Rennlist and Planet 9 that have helped me make the decision to go with the Cayman GTS. I'm looking forward to the days when my dad and I are in the same run group for track events. It's so cool to do this with your dad.

Quick Reply: Joining the club