Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After-Market Park Assist: Availability Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 04:56 PM
denniscasey
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default After-Market Park Assist: Availability Question

Anyone found/have experience with adding park assist (warning front/rear if you get too close to something, and also rear view camera) to 2014 Cayman S? I added 3rd party warning system (audio alert only, not camera) to Lexus once so would appreciate comments about systems you may have added to 2014 Cayman (3rd party or Porsche add on).

I expect adding back-up camera would be a bigger issue, but has anyone done that?
Old 03-26-2015, 06:26 PM
DeerHunter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Depending upon your propensity to be a scoff-law (at least with respect to posted speed limits), you might want to kill two birds with one stone. Add an ALP system, which are nominally parking sensors. An available firmware upgrade, however, does make them into the best laser jammers on the market.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:28 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed a rear camera and front sensor in my 2015 Cayman GTS. contact ABT electronics in Glenview Illiinois they can tell you what they use. I know it is Nav Tech and Kenwood and I have 4 different rear camera views with "straight lines that move from green, yellow and red as you get closer to the object in the rear.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:20 PM
denniscasey
Instructor

Thank you for input--Deer Hunter; just for academic interest, which model do scoff-laws use (haven't read or heard that term for quite some time).

Clocked, good to share with other forum members.

Regards, Dennis
Old 03-28-2015, 02:36 AM
DeerHunter
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by denniscasey
Thank you for input--Deer Hunter; just for academic interest, which model do scoff-laws use (haven't read or heard that term for quite some time).
Not sure about your question. Are you asking which parking sensor/laser jammer is the best? If so, then Anti-Laser Priority is state-of-the-art (website is linked in my post above). If you're asking about something else, then the answer is Elle Macpherson.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:55 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

I was thinking I was going top really miss the parking sensors when I recently bought my RY 2014 Cayman S, but the after-market Pioneer flagship unit Stereo/NAV/BT HU has a backup camera. I quickly found the back up camera is all I need.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:18 PM
denniscasey
Instructor

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
Not sure about your question. Are you asking which parking sensor/laser jammer is the best? If so, then Anti-Laser Priority is state-of-the-art (website is linked in my post above). If you're asking about something else, then the answer is Elle Macpherson.
I saw at least two ALP models (single and dual) at your link so just wondering which of the ALP models you have.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:22 PM
denniscasey
Instructor

PCA1983, thank you for your input.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:43 PM
DeerHunter
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by denniscasey
I saw at least two ALP models (single and dual) at your link so just wondering which of the ALP models you have.
Oh, okay. I use the quad system (two sensors front and two rear). In order to be defeated, the new VPR (Variable Pulse Rate) LIDAR guns, like Laser Ally or Dragon, need at least two installed at each end. Our city is rotten with these new guns and anything less leaves you vulnerable. YMMV, but keep in mind that the install is likely to be a bigger expense (or pain, if you DIY) than the cost of the hardware itself. Doing it right the first time saves money, hassle and tickets.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:07 PM
denniscasey
Instructor

Got it DeerHunter, quad system.

Quick Reply: After-Market Park Assist: Availability Question