Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help on diminished value?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 11:47 AM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Help on diminished value?

Recently had someone back out of a parking space and scrape the driver rear quarter and bumper of our 2011 Cayman. The damage was relatively minor although totaled $3,000 and involved repair of the quarter and rear bumper and a repaint of the the same. Also had to replace windshield because the repaint of the quarter involves the section that extends from the quarter up over the door and to the windshield.

State Farm covered under uninsured motorist since the person left the scene. They reviewed for diminished value and say I should get $135.00 back! The car is a 2011 base cayman with low mikes at 25,000. Great condition. I asked if I can appeal this and they said I need to research and provide info to support that the diminished value should be changed. Had anyone faced this? What do I need to do to support this appeal?

Thanks.

Steve
Old 03-16-2015, 01:29 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

if you call Performance auto collision they can give you the name of a diminished value appraiser.

FYI - had my rear bumper fixed because of a hit and run on my 2005 boxster 2 years ago. It was $1200 worth of damage, and I got $110 in diminished value.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:02 AM
eddielasvegas
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Does the accident show up on a Carfax report? If so, get trade in from kbb.com or some such and then take your car to a dealer and ask for trade in value.

They will run a Carfax and see the accident and drop their offer by some amount.

I had this happen to me a couple years ago on an LS 400. Trade was 7500 and they offered 5500 (Auto Check did not show accident when I bought the car) and they said the lower amount was tdue to the accident.

Good luck,

Eddie

Quick Reply: Help on diminished value?