Sponsored by: APR

Cayman GT4 waiting period

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 02:14 AM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Cayman GT4 waiting period

Hello fellow Porsche enthusiasts, I've really admired Porsches for a long time, but never pulled the trigger and bought one. However, the Cayman GT4 has caught my eye and I can't stop thinking about it. As a result, I talked to my dealership a long time ago to get my name on their list and am #1 as a result. However, it appears that the 918 owners are getting first priority followed by everyone else; given this fact, would there be enough allocations left to fulfill orders for non-918 owners this year? My dealership is telling me that a fall build may not be possible, which means I'll probably have to wait till winter or even next year. Does anyone have any further information? Sorry, I am just being paranoid and because I really really really am hoping to get this car.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:28 AM
nova996
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

There is one member here who is buying through US military or diplomatic sales and has a build week in late June. So that means either they plan to build all the US bound 918 owner cars in June, or that they aren't strictly building all the 918 owner cars first. Either way, I think that person's build week gives us hope that the rest of us have a chance at July - Sept build weeks.

For Europe, I saw one member who has an April build week. But I don't know if he has a 918.

I'm #1 at a smaller dealership. I hope next winter isn't like this one, or my car will mostly sit in the garage for a few months anyway!
Old 02-28-2015, 09:41 AM
focal
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your situation is not alone Sunny_M3. The GT4 got me off my computer and buy the car. First P-car.

I've accepted my car will be delivered in November just to **** me off. This is a summer car (April-Oct).

The dealer has agreed to store the car for me if I do get that allocation. Still unknown for another week or two. Maybe I will get lucky and see it in August/September so I can enjoy it a month or two before storage.

Quick Reply: Cayman GT4 waiting period