Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

I JUST WAnt a gt4...no games just sell me one!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 03:31 PM
MGW
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I JUST WAnt a gt4...no games just sell me one!!!

The frustrating thing about porsche is that they make all these models of cayennes, panamaras, bland base 911's that sit on lots and when they make a car that a BUNCH of people want like gt3's gt3rs's and now the GT4 they make them "limited" which means all the dealers are either sold out or want ridiculous markups!!

I just want a GT4...so if ANY us dealer is listening and has one to sell me at sticker no more i will buy it RIGHT now.

Thank you for your time lol

George 706-793-1770 mgwltd@mgwltd.com
Old 02-13-2015, 03:57 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Dude - they don't exist for you to buy yet. There are half a dozen lengthy threads on this forum about the GT4. Maybe read a few of them?
Old 02-14-2015, 01:32 PM
focal
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

put your deposit in asap and you'll get one as MSRP in due time (6-12 months). if a dealer wants to charge you more than MSRP, go to the next dealer
Old 02-14-2015, 06:00 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

What dealer has only a 6 month wait??
My dealer has 20+ deposits!
HELP!!!

Last edited by PCA1983; 02-14-2015 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:53 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 891 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by MGW
The frustrating thing about porsche is that they make all these models of cayennes, panamaras, bland base 911's that sit on lots and when they make a car that a BUNCH of people want like gt3's gt3rs's and now the GT4 they make them "limited" which means all the dealers are either sold out or want ridiculous markups!!

I just want a GT4...so if ANY us dealer is listening and has one to sell me at sticker no more i will buy it RIGHT now.

Thank you for your time lol

George 706-793-1770 mgwltd@mgwltd.com
I hate to tell you this but those of us who really want the car had deposits down months ago. If you want one that bad, you're either going to have to get lucky or pay over sticker. Supply and demand.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:29 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Yup, people have had deposits on them for OVER A YEAR now (over 1.5 years in some cases). You can't come in waay later and say that Porsche is playing games. Compared to those high up in the list, you've snoozed..

And as already mentioned, GT4 hasn't even been debuted or released yet!!
Old 02-14-2015, 11:17 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

I want a GT4 badly too, but am swimming uphill. What y'all are saying is being a Porsche owner since 1970 and PCA member since 1983 counts for nothing, even tho my 2000 Boxster S was wiped out by Hurricane Katrina and I got a lousy $37k settlement for a garaged and covered Boxster S with 5900 miles on it that cost me $65k out the door. I was forced to move a few times, and now my present Porsche dealer sees no Porsche history with me even tho I have owned 6 Porsches. So I get no consideration, even tho I'm a life long Porsche guy. Sometimes I think Porsche has no clue who their true base is. I'm getting the shaft.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:49 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 09RedGTS
I want a GT4 badly too, but am swimming uphill. What y'all are saying is being a Porsche owner since 1970 and PCA member since 1983 counts for nothing, even tho my 2000 Boxster S was wiped out by Hurricane Katrina and I got a lousy $37k settlement for a garaged and covered Boxster S with 5900 miles on it that cost me $65k out the door. I was forced to move a few times, and now my present Porsche dealer sees no Porsche history with me even tho I have owned 6 Porsches. So I get no consideration, even tho I'm a life long Porsche guy. Sometimes I think Porsche has no clue who their true base is. I'm getting the shaft.
I hear your story and hope that you'll get an allocation, but how would your proposal/wants be fair to others then? Let's reverse the situation for a moment and say you're #3 on a dealer's list and the top 3 - including you - have had deposits on GT4 for over a year. Then someone comes along and the dealer puts him/her in front of you and drops you down the list because s/he has owned 16 Porsches. You end up not getting a GT4 because the dealer ends up with 3 allocations and now you're #4 on the list. How would you feel then?

And trust me, there are unscrupulous dealers who do exactly that and move people up because they're very frequent customers (less common), who'll pay well over MSRP, or because they spec it out with $$$$ options (dealer makes more money). And you'll either never know that you were dropped down the list or they'll come up with various excuses. But if you want a GT4 badly enough and are interested in one of the aforementioned options, I suggest calling around to many, many out of state dealers until someone moves you up the list based on the amount of money you'll throw at them.

Either way, good luck. FWIW, many have gotten 991 GT3 allocations by waiting for more allocations to open up then calling different dealers around. I suspect that GT4 allocations/availability will be larger than currently suspected... People will drop out, change their mind, buy something else while waiting, etc., etc., etc.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:00 PM
focal
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are $1k deposits and $5k deposits...

the $1k deposits from before early Feb 2015 were given a courtesy call first. The $5k deposits will get their cars. get into a dealer and put a real deposit down.

this is a MSRP car, it's what I'm paying, expect to pay and will pay. I put my deposit this month.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:38 PM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought the car was just announced. How have people had deposits for years? Isn't it tough buying a car without reading reviews or test driving?

Did Porsche underestimate demand? I can empathize with the OP as Porsche makes so many SUVs and sedans that I'm surprised they wouldn't make enough what appears to be an actual fun sports car
Old 02-15-2015, 01:15 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 891 Likes on 337 Posts

Because there have been rumors of this car for over a year. Back when I first heard, we had just put a deposit down for the wife on a Macan. I asked my salesman if they had a GT4 list (this was June). They said yes and already had a couple of people on it. I gave them my money and took the spot based on the idea that if they ever made a GT series Cayman, it would be AWESOME. The thing is, if it had come out with a weak spec, I would have walked back in, taken my deposit and gone home. It's about as low risk as you get.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:16 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by maxpowers
I thought the car was just announced. How have people had deposits for years? Isn't it tough buying a car without reading reviews or test driving?

Did Porsche underestimate demand? I can empathize with the OP as Porsche makes so many SUVs and sedans that I'm surprised they wouldn't make enough what appears to be an actual fun sports car
This is how the Porsche (and other exotic car companies for that matter) world works...I have deposit number 2 for the 960 (or whatever they call it) that isn't even due out till 2020 or whatever...gotta plan really early with them.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:15 PM
Mate
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Deposit

We bought a Macan from a local dealer. It was a nice experience. So i went to the same dealer and same SA wth the deposit for a GT4. He explained me that their dealership is patronage based, basically general manager decides who is going to get cars, if the supply is limited. I think i am going to call others too, just in case. I personally hate to deal with many and have multiple deposits, but it may be necessary here, not sure.

They also do not even charge the card..

Interesting to see how different deaerships handle it differently. In my case, you could have put in deposit 10 years ago, it wouldnt make it any better for you...
Old 02-16-2015, 02:48 AM
user1029
Rennlist Member

Received 553 Likes on 269 Posts

Old 02-16-2015, 05:34 AM
JeffyD
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car is amazing, exciting, arousing, etc., etc...

But that is the way some car manufacturers do things. The fact of the matter is that, even if it's an enthusiast's common sense factoid that the GT4 is the best Porsche deal on offer, the (much larger) general market buyer is going to opt for a Carrera nine times out of ten.

Porsche knows it has enough cred to sell every single GT4 they make if they do it as a limited run model. It's a simple tactic used more and more frequently, and is just a method of creating a manipulated micro economic market. The more limited the run, the more desire they'll inspire in the upper classed buyers, and the better the value will appreciate or at least hold. It'll also boost brand allure since the car would be more myth than fact for the average dude who will only know of it via automotive media hype - look at the BMW 1M for a pretty recent and similar example.

All of that is based on the assumption they really are doing a run that limited,.... Which I wouldn't doubt. I personally think it's an obnoxious business method, but the average customer doesn't seem too turned off by it.

PS - please, guys, stop calling this supply and demand. It's manufactured inflation.

Quick Reply: I JUST WAnt a gt4...no games just sell me one!!!