Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

I JUST WAnt a gt4...no games just sell me one!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 09:43 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

I would gladly offer a $10,000 deposit if I thought I had a reasonable chance of getting one in 2 years.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:57 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 09RedGTS
I would gladly offer a $10,000 deposit if I thought I had a reasonable chance of getting one in 2 years.
First on the list are the 918 owners. They can jump in and take your slot away at any time. Put your money down as soon as possible if you want any chance at getting one. Most dealers should have about 12 to 15 allocations. I don't think they will be as hard to get because they are using high production run 3.8l motors. They shouldn't be that hard to build. I don't see them being that rare to come by. Racers have bin using the 911 power plant conversion for years now in the Cayman. Porsche is just coping what has already bin done.

Last edited by jimbo1111; 02-17-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:49 AM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've put down deposits at 2 dealerships, I don't see what all the fuss is about.
It's first come first served.
So call a lot of dealers and find a few with short lists and drop down your deposits.
Stop sweating the small stuff.
Peace.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:49 PM
mgent
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To the OP, I think the point that may be being missed is that many on the GT4 lists are also long-term Porsche customers, many at a single dealership, and some of them having recently gone through the GT3 debacle...

With my (and my family's) purchase history at 2 dealers, I would be pretty pissed if after a year on their list, I got bumped by someone coming in who had bought 2 more cars than me over 10yrs... And in reality the dealer recognizes that bumping someone is a worse negative than to not get someone as high as they want... That being said, I would expect to get an allocation higher up than a brand new customer if I wasn't coming in too late...

I also don't think that it's as simple as 'ranking' by volume... People who frequently buy higher dollar and maybe more importantly higher margin cars, have good trades each time, and who are known to have significant resources at their disposal are going to be 'ranked' higher than someone who buys 25% more cars, but buy boxsters, cayennes, etc...
Old 02-25-2015, 07:16 PM
MGW
Intermediate

I appreciate the responses guys... though some are fairly useless...lol...

I don't like posting up personal stuff like " look at me " crap but in response to some of the " get a clue" attitudes let me say...

I have owned over 100 cars... most are track cars. i have owned 20 porsches including 3 gt3's , 4 turbos, 2 boxster spiders, rs americas, cayman s ,etc blah blah blah...

I also have owned lambs, currently a mp4 12c, and a few ferraris...Porsche in my opinion is getting too much like /ferrari with this elitist attitude. It's just a car.

I also put a 5k deposit on a 991 GT3 years back and had to get it back because i do not want a PDK..Wasnt the dealers fault obviously because well who knew that EVERY GT3 i have ever owned ONLY came in manual and now this only came in PDK lol...I enjoy the manual in cars and only cancelled for that reason. The rumors of a cayman track car have been going on for so damned long that i just gave up... the GTS and the R models were nice but just not enough power for me...

You guys are failing to get my point ( well some of you anyway ) I get the whole deposit in, wait in line, get the call like you are "THE CHOSEN ONE " well... its just stupid bull****...

Porsche has been around for long enough to estimate customer demand when they market a new car. They should make enough of them available so that you can actually see the car, call a dealer and get one in a reasonable time frame.

These are cars being built on production assembly lines, not rare paintings or sculptures.

My frustration is that i can go to any large volume Porsche dealer and stare at a zillion panameras , cayennes, and base 911's that end up getting year end blowout clearance discounts because they will not move and then have to either put a 5k deposit down for a desirable car and wait for THE CALL which as stated could be 2 freaking years later...or pay over sticker which is out of the question.

Sorry for offending people by simply stating my opinion about the matter. There are many cars to choose and i guess i'll just wait until they are more readily available and buy one then...

George
Old 02-25-2015, 07:27 PM
MGW
Intermediate

And just to be perfectly clear!!

I am NOT saying that i wish i could jump in right now and bump someone on any list or go whining into a dealership saying " oh i bought this much from you guys" or " do you know who i am!!!??" lol...

I am simply stating that i wish Porsche would build more of the cars that actually sell and people want and not overload on the basic vanilla cars so much.

Hell i can get a 650s or huracan right off a showroom floor in a minute ...i would think Porsche has a much more efficient setup!!

Sigh... i just want to make sure no one confuses this post with me feeling entitled which i will NEVER do...I just "wish" the cars were more available...Porsche owes me nothing. I'm just stating an opinion.

George
Old 02-25-2015, 07:40 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

I agree with all of that ....
Can't argue with that logic.... Sadly, logic doesn't seem to work here ....
I have to blame Porsche ...
But, if they produce the cars that are wanted, then they could conceivably hit a home run !!
Great car, and able to purchase .. what more could one ask for
Regards
Ed
Old 02-25-2015, 09:08 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

MGW. I absolutely agree with you. Tired of all the games!!
Old 02-25-2015, 09:48 PM
zaitsev
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MGW

I don't like posting up personal stuff like " look at me " crap but in response to some of the " get a clue" attitudes let me say...

I have owned over 100 cars... most are track cars. i have owned 20 porsches including 3 gt3's , 4 turbos, 2 boxster spiders, rs americas, cayman s ,etc blah blah blah...

I also have owned lambs, currently a mp4 12c, and a few ferraris...Porsche in my opinion is getting too much like /ferrari with this elitist attitude. It's just a car.

I also put a 5k deposit on a 991 GT3 years back and had to get it back because i do not want a PDK..Wasnt the dealers fault obviously because well who knew that EVERY GT3 i have ever owned ONLY came in manual and now this only came in PDK lol...I enjoy the manual in cars and only cancelled for that reason. The rumors of a cayman track car have been going on for so damned long that i just gave up... the GTS and the R models were nice but just not enough power for me...

You guys are failing to get my point ( well some of you anyway ) I get the whole deposit in, wait in line, get the call like you are "THE CHOSEN ONE " well... its just stupid bull****...

Porsche has been around for long enough to estimate customer demand when they market a new car. They should make enough of them available so that you can actually see the car, call a dealer and get one in a reasonable time frame.

These are cars being built on production assembly lines, not rare paintings or sculptures.

My frustration is that i can go to any large volume Porsche dealer and stare at a zillion panameras , cayennes, and base 911's that end up getting year end blowout clearance discounts because they will not move and then have to either put a 5k deposit down for a desirable car and wait for THE CALL which as stated could be 2 freaking years later...or pay over sticker which is out of the question.

Sorry for offending people by simply stating my opinion about the matter. There are many cars to choose and i guess i'll just wait until they are more readily available and buy one then...

George

+1 However, I would have to add that the Porsche enthusiasts themselves are really the enablers. Porsche is able to increase brand appeal through these limited and highly annoying runs of pure exclusivity. In return, you get stellar resale values with some appreciating over time.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:30 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by zaitsev
+1 However, I would have to add that the Porsche enthusiasts themselves are really the enablers. Porsche is able to increase brand appeal through these limited and highly annoying runs of pure exclusivity. In return, you get stellar resale values with some appreciating over time.
That is true, some of the time .. i.e. increase in value
There in lies the problem
Some people buy these cars based on that premise which is sad.
Instead of people who want to drive it and love it ...
When I bought my first Porsche back in 88. I bought it because it was the greatest car I had ever driven !! Not because it was some "Limited Edition"
Which it actually was... I drove that car and tracked it and showed that car, and loved it ... And that "Limited Edition", actually turned out to be some what of a BS story .. The following year that car was then the normal turbo ... The cars resale value was crap ... and only now is seeing some appreciation I still own it and will probably be buried in it
Old 02-27-2015, 02:58 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by MGW

George
yes, i get you.
and indeed p car is like f car now.
ppl buy and dont drive.
and true pag can estimate demand pretty well. but they have one of the best marketing dept. the LE crap drives up rumor, speculation and bruhaha. just look at the drama on this thread. i think it's all planned.

half of the time, i cannot get what i want from PAG. and i buy a lot of stuff from them.

Quick Reply: I JUST WAnt a gt4...no games just sell me one!!!