Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 Audio options - Bluetooth Audio?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 11:05 AM
Love2Apex
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear the CDR+ gives the Bluetooth streaming option w/o having to pay for Nav. (I rarely use the in car nav in our cars currently) Does anyone else wish a Bose or sound system option was available? I know it will add a few pounds, although after all this IS a street car!
Old 03-12-2015, 12:39 PM
DeerHunter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mtechnik
Does anyone else wish a Bose or sound system option was available? I know it will add a few pounds, although after all this IS a street car!
This may be heresy, but I really like music on the road. If the Burmester option were available, I might even pony up for that. As it is, I might end up doing some judicious mods to the stock system.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:26 PM
TerryEaton
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a heads up, the Cayman R I had was an AC, radio delete. I decided I needed a radio. when you tell Porsche you want a radio delete. All radio wiring and antenna are not installed. Including things like antenna amps put in the A pillars. So, re installing a radio system is a nightmare if you expect AM or FM. Never did get that to work and was using a very high tech installer.
Although I was able to get a unit installed that had satellite and bluetooth, all the other non AM, FM functions.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:49 PM
pegdrag
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TerryEaton
Just a heads up, the Cayman R I had was an AC, radio delete. I decided I needed a radio. when you tell Porsche you want a radio delete. All radio wiring and antenna are not installed. Including things like antenna amps put in the A pillars. So, re installing a radio system is a nightmare if you expect AM or FM. Never did get that to work and was using a very high tech installer.
Although I was able to get a unit installed that had satellite and bluetooth, all the other non AM, FM functions.
I, too, have been told that the GT4 audio delete does NOT include the windshield antenna, speaker mounts, or any wiring.

I've no idea if that is true, but I've ordered the GT4 with the base CDR in order to make sure I've got an antenna, speaker locations, etc.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:00 AM
acey81
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Can anyone confirm if the base CDR (not CDR+ or Nav) has any bluetooth connectivity on its own? And if there is any other option that you can choose (mobile phone preparation, telephone preparation etc). My sales guy claims that you need CDR+ to be able to stream music. The base CDR is a no go. I've heard a few different things but can someone clarify if this is true? And no, I don't trust my sales guy...

Quick Reply: GT4 Audio options - Bluetooth Audio?