Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 configurator: best options to choose?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 10:56 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

What would the dealer say to this?
Old 03-08-2015, 03:16 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
What would the dealer say to this?
Its probably one of those LA dealers
Old 03-08-2015, 05:00 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

I want a garage like that!
Old 03-08-2015, 06:23 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Its probably one of those LA dealers
It's not....he want you to pay CA sales tax and the doc fee....then you would have to pay your own sales tax....and $25K on top of it.....wonder what his dealer would think?
Old 03-08-2015, 11:44 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,322 Likes on 566 Posts

I was at a dealer party last night. They confirmed PTS will be available.

For those who want Gulf Blue (I also love that color) why not get it wrapped? You get the bonus of full car protection and if you get tired of the "jelly bean" color you can take it off and your original paint is pristine. To wrap a full car is probably around the cost of PTS.

Of course - you don't end up with a one of a kind car (which can be either a big plus or a big negative at resale if you think you might ever part with it)
Old 03-11-2015, 05:34 PM
Love2Apex
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is mixed information currently regarding PTS, one dealer is saying yes it will be available after the first few months of production, another has stated that their rep said no PTS for GT3 RS or GT4. Time will tell...
Old 08-05-2015, 12:41 AM
superchargedman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Guys, I am confused about the smooth leather steering wheel and shifter. No one is spec'ing that one. What is the standard? Alcantara? Thanks!

Also, Euro delivery is listed as free. Has anyone done this through porsche previously? How does it logistically work? Do they have set dates? Is there flexibility in coming out? My schedule would not be very liberal with allowing me to just go for a long trip at a specific date. Thanks!
Old 08-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by superchargedman
Hey Guys, I am confused about the smooth leather steering wheel and shifter. No one is spec'ing that one. What is the standard? Alcantara? Thanks!

Also, Euro delivery is listed as free. Has anyone done this through porsche previously? How does it logistically work? Do they have set dates? Is there flexibility in coming out? My schedule would not be very liberal with allowing me to just go for a long trip at a specific date. Thanks!
In the US, alcantara is standard on both the steering wheel and the gear lever. There is a no cost option to replace both with leather.

Currently, my configuration is the leather option as I intend to drive my GT4 mostly on the street and use sunblock almost every day. For wear and tear, the leather is an easier solution.

I can't help on the Euro Delivery question.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:17 AM
superchargedman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks very much! Alcantara it is, despite the wear. I love the alcantara on my 1m.
Old 08-16-2015, 12:19 PM
larrylgreenhill
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I already ordered a GT4 (build date completion (V300) on 9/11) with the following options:

-Guards Red paint
-Wing Supports in Black
-Bi-Xenon Headlights with PDLS (I've since doubted the wisdom of this choice)
-Extended Fuel Tank (why not - I run through a tank of gas in less than a track day and pumps at track are very expensive ($6.50 a gallon)
-Sport Chrono Package including Porsche Track Precision app (I've since had doubts about this one)
-Seat Heating (if I drive the car during the winter)
-Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell (free of Charge)
-Smoking Package (free of charge, gives additional power plug)
-Steering Wheel and Gear Lever in Leather (Alcantara wears out)
-Sports Seats Plus (2 way) (Sport Bucket seats were not available before my 7/16 V250/fixed date)
-Autodimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor
-Sirius XM Satellite Radio Receiver (for long drives to the track)
-Porsche Communication Management incl. Navigation Module (for finding my way to Summit Point)

I didn't want the expense of replacing $2,000 rotors in PCCB when a rock gets stuck in the calipers, as it did last week at Lime Rock Park in my current Cayman -- luckily I had iron rotors

Hope that helps. I'll let you know if I like this when the car arrives!
Old 08-18-2015, 12:50 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by larrylgreenhill
I already ordered a GT4 (build date completion (V300) on 9/11) with the following options:

I didn't want the expense of replacing $2,000 rotors in PCCB when a rock gets stuck in the calipers, as it did last week at Lime Rock Park in my current Cayman -- luckily I had iron rotors

Hope that helps. I'll let you know if I like this when the car arrives!
Better save the money on pccb, and upgrade to RB CCM-X rotors that is built with Surface Transforms' disc against this kind of damage.

ST discs are made with layers of carbon fiber than Brembo's chopped fiber for a stronger and more durable construction than OE.

See our RB/CCM-X rotor presentation on GT-R forum for the difference and recent track test result:
http://www.gtrheritage.com/topic/362...t-r-wst-discs/

Upgrade your iron rotors to RB/CCM-X rotors (retain your stock calipers & pads):
http://www.racingbrake.com/RB-CCM-Ro...por-crk-07.htm
Old 08-20-2015, 03:48 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OEM PCCB calipers really look sharp...depending on the car color.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:51 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by superchargedman

I euro delivered my GT3 in 2007. amazing experience. you can go to your local AAA location and get an international driver's license. you then have to work it out with porsche how long you will stay because they end up carrying insurance on your crazy trip. you also have to pay for the car in full before you get there, a few weeks ahead if I remember.

I will find the thread I made on my euro trip. best thing I have ever done!

Quick Reply: GT4 configurator: best options to choose?