Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GTS coming my way

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 09:58 PM
Turborascal
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New GTS coming my way

I just faxed paperwork to secure the purchase of a '15 Cayman GTS located at a dealer about 250 miles from my home.

We should finish up on Monday and I'll then head out in my '11 Cayman S sometime in the coming week to make the trade.

The car was in stock and is nicely equipped:
  • Power Steering Plus
  • Park Assist with backup camera
  • PDK
  • Porsche Torque Vectoring
  • Burmester Sound System
  • Convenience package
  • Sport Tailpipes

I was looking at a "S" with similar equipment, but the additional performance and standard equipment offered by the GTS over the S is well worth the additional 6k.

I probably won't sleep soundly until the new car is in my garage ... but needless to say; I'm excited.

Last edited by Turborascal; 02-01-2015 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 02-01-2015, 12:06 PM
drwuss
Racer

Congrats! What color is it? I don't have the cameras on mine (I think that they would have been nice) and that stereo must be nice.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:02 PM
Turborascal
Rennlist Member

Thanks.

My anticipation had me tossing-and-turning last night.

The car is Jet Black Metallic with the black leather interior.

Having had several other black cars, I well know that black isn't really a color ... it's a responsibility! Clean cars in this color "pop" ... thus the ever-present California Car Duster, detail spray, and microfiber cloths carried in all of my cars.

I have a backup camera on the Mazda3 and ultrasonic sensors on the BMW. The combination of both should be very helpful.

I love good sound and expect to be "blown away" by the quality of this high-end system. (At $6730 it darned-well should sound like a concert hall). I wouldn't have ordered it had I commissioned the car, but what the heck.

My only two regrets are that it doesn't have active (radar) cruise control like I have in the Mazda3 .... or controls on the steering wheel like I have in all but the current Porsche.

If I were more patient I could commission exactly what I want, but this car is more than close enough to what I'd order on my own.

Pics to follow once I have it in hand.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:47 PM
Turborascal
Rennlist Member

Finally worked through all of the dealer "extras" and finalized financing today.

I'm having Xpel film applied to the front bumper, 18" of the hood, and the mirror backs; the windows tinted, and LoJack installed.

The car will be ready some time on Thursday, so I'll drive from Austin to the Dallas area early on Friday morning to sign the paperwork and take possession.

I'm looking forward to the drive back and many spirited drives thereafter.

Pics once it's in my garage.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:55 PM
drwuss
Racer

I was in the same boat as you, the one at the dealer was so close to what I would have ordered so I jumped on it. My dad lives in austin, next time I am down there I should reach out and see if there is a local meeting or anything like that. A p car day at COTA would be an experience...
Old 02-04-2015, 03:48 PM
GentlemanRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 139 Posts

Congrats. You will love it!
Old 02-04-2015, 04:13 PM
Turborascal
Rennlist Member

Feel free to reach out next time you're coming to Austin. We can get together for an adult beverage and/or a spirited drive somewhere.

The local PCA chapter has a weekend at COTA coming up later this year ... the exact dates aren't yet on the website. I'll be sure to post once I have the details.

Drive on ...
Old 02-05-2015, 09:55 PM
Turborascal
Rennlist Member

All the prep work is done.

I'm heading out early tomorrow morning to arrive at the 230 mile-distant dealership by late morning and make the trade.

Sweet anticipation ...
Old 02-06-2015, 12:52 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Turborascal
All the prep work is done.

I'm heading out early tomorrow morning to arrive at the 230 mile-distant dealership by late morning and make the trade.

Sweet anticipation ...
That's awesome! Congratulations and enjoy your driver
Old 02-07-2015, 11:20 AM
Turborascal
Rennlist Member

Thanks ... retrieved the car just before lunch yesterday and then enjoyed the long drive home.

Haven't really pushed it yet; but performance and handling are noticeably improved.

Loving the alcantara seat inserts and steering wheel cover along with improved interior styling and ergonomics.

The technology upgrade from my '11 is greatly appreciated ... kept noticing little things that are easier/better/more informative on the new car.

The Burmester infotainment isn't an option I would have commissioned, but I have to admit that the sound is outstanding.

Now to back the car out of the garage, clean the bugs off that I missed with my preliminary detail last night, and then take some pics.

Finally, I'll rtfm over the next couple of days between drives and nonstop grins.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:37 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

Awesome ride! If I could work a trade for a GTS somewhere without taking a bath, I would do it tomorrow. The GTS is a great sports machine.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:56 PM
Clocked
Racer

My GTS just got delivered yesterday. Took it for a 30 minute run. Temp was 20 and today was a high of 8 and snowing. Summer tires and snow = trouble.

Wednesday it gets it snow wheels and tires.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:47 PM
Turborascal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Clocked
My GTS just got delivered yesterday. Took it for a 30 minute run. Temp was 20 and today was a high of 8 and snowing. Summer tires and snow = trouble.

Wednesday it gets it snow wheels and tires.
Congrats on taking delivery. What color/options?

You're wise to stay off the cold and slick roads on summer tires. No such trouble here in Austin.

BTW, turned 500 miles when I pulled into the garage last night. Put another 30 on today. Break-in will be done before I know it!

Car goes to my detailer one week from Tuesday for paint correction and the full Ceramic Pro treatment. The black should really POP!
Old 02-16-2015, 01:05 AM
Clocked
Racer

GTS has the following options:

Carmine Red
GTS Interior package (Red stitching)
PDK
20 inch Turbo Wheels
Smoking Package
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18 way)
Info Package with Bose
Premium Package Plus
Sport Suspension

Detailer gets the car on Friday, then goes to get windows tinted and clear bra. After that rear camera and front parking sensor.

Looking forward to getting past the 2,000 mile break in.

I have a new GT3 that I took delivery in late December that I have not even started it up. Dealer is storing the car.

With both cars I have 4,000 miles until they are both broken in........
Old 02-16-2015, 10:53 AM
Turborascal
Rennlist Member

Very nice.

Oh, the agony!
You have a LOT of restrained miles ahead before you can let loose.

Quick Reply: New GTS coming my way