Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new member, looking for shop recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 07:56 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default new member, looking for shop recomendations

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself.

I just picked up a 2011 Cayman S PDK to start doing track days with and DE events. The car has PASM and sport chrono, and after reading on here till my eyes burn, I'd like to change out the suspension and add some more safety items.
I'm transitioning from karting as our local group isn't as big anymore, so this will be a track only car.

Are there any shops in Texas you all would recommend? I'm in midland....which is about 6 hours to dallas, austin, el paso. 7 to houston. I've had GMG build a car for me in the past, albeit an audi, but not sure who to send a cayman too. I'm not opposed to shipping to either the west or east coast.

Looking for fairly simple work: LCA, coilovers, bolt in cage, cooling upgrades.

Thanks!
Old 12-17-2014, 02:35 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself.

I just picked up a 2011 Cayman S PDK to start doing track days with and DE events. The car has PASM and sport chrono, and after reading on here till my eyes burn, I'd like to change out the suspension and add some more safety items.
I'm transitioning from karting as our local group isn't as big anymore, so this will be a track only car.

Are there any shops in Texas you all would recommend? I'm in midland....which is about 6 hours to dallas, austin, el paso. 7 to houston. I've had GMG build a car for me in the past, albeit an audi, but not sure who to send a cayman too. I'm not opposed to shipping to either the west or east coast.

Looking for fairly simple work: LCA, coilovers, bolt in cage, cooling upgrades.

Thanks!
Check with BBI and Vision Motorsports in So Cal.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:34 AM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Speak with Vision Motorsports in Laguna Hills, CA (Dwain Dement - 949-770-2888) before you decide. They build quite a few track & race Caymans (see my avatar for one). I believe there is a TX car in the shop now.

Cheers,

Quick Reply: new member, looking for shop recomendations