Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

New 2015 base cayman pics

Old 12-20-2014, 03:05 AM
SillyGoose
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick1
I've been shopping around for a new sports car for the last few months.
I currently drive a 2005 Boxster that I bought new, so it will be 10 years old next year and I've only had some minor issues with it.
Had a problem with the air vents and and the struts that hold up the front hood, and that's it.
Great car.
I've test drove many cars....911 turbo's, 991 CS, Cayman S and GTS, Corvette Stingray, Jaguar F-type, BMW 1M coupe, 997 GT3, Nissan GTR.
The Corvette was definitely quick, but it's such a large car compared to the Cayman I didn't care for it.
The only cars that I really enjoyed and got my blood flowing were the Cayman GTS and the 997GT3. I just feel that the new 991 feels like a big, bulky car compared to the Cayman.
I loved the raw, analog feel of the GT3, however living with that rock hard clutch would be a real challenge for a daily driver.
The Jag was fairly quick, sounded amazing, but still too bulky with the long hood.
I find it's hard to go from a mid-engined car like the Boxster to any other platform because of the great balance and handling it offers. Just wish it had about 200hp more.
I like a really nimble car over high hp, bigger, heavier muscle type car like the Vette or the GTR. I owned an Ariel Atom for 6 years so light, nimble, tossible cars are my favorite.
I like to row my own gears, so I never found the GTR very satisfying at all.
Not sure if I should pull the trigger and order a Cayman GTS or wait for the Cayman GT4.
Enjoy your new ride.
Base cayman and save the 60k you would spend on the gt4

or

GT4

Never go in between!
Old 12-20-2014, 11:35 PM
Vista6019
Rennlist Member

Received 351 Likes on 141 Posts
Default New Base Cayman

I am also a recent new owner of a 15' Cayman in white. Did a lot of research and bought the Cayman over a new C7 Vette and never looked back. I think you made a good choice and have fun.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:58 PM
schuy
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Likewise I have a new 2015 Base Cayman. Its about the most fun thing I've ever done. Do drive your car as much as you like, its meant to be driven and enjoyed.

You should let the oil warm up before letting the RPM get much above 2-3K.
I try to keep the rpm below 4K until the oil temp is above 170F. I've set the default screen on the TCM to show the engine temp.

I've been driving it most days.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:10 PM
SillyGoose
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by schuy
Likewise I have a new 2015 Base Cayman. Its about the most fun thing I've ever done. Do drive your car as much as you like, its meant to be driven and enjoyed.

You should let the oil warm up before letting the RPM get much above 2-3K.
I try to keep the rpm below 4K until the oil temp is above 170F. I've set the default screen on the TCM to show the engine temp.

I've been driving it most days.
Dark gray looks good on this car. I've noticed that the car doesn't fully break in until the 2800-2900 mile mark exactly for me. After it hit 2800, the car felt a little different, and I could tell everything "settled" in perfectly. Feels like a german war machine. Don't know if you've hit the 3k mile mark yet, but rest assured, the car becomes a bit different at that point.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 2015 base cayman pics