Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Seats are These

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 11:29 PM
RedTRex
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Seats are These

Greetings,
I am fairly new here, been into Bimmers for a long time but have finally decided it is time to experience a P Car. I am leaning hard towards a Cayman and have been trying to learn all I can.

So I have a question on this car I saw on CL:
http://charleston.craigslist.org/ctd/4746164883.html

What seats are these? I have not seen that thigh bolster cutout on anything else yet. Is it factory or a mod?

Actually while I am at it, what percent of 911 parts are direct fit on a Cayman?

Thanks
Rick
Old 11-20-2014, 01:24 AM
Spokayman
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by RedTRex

What seats are these? I have not seen that thigh bolster cutout on anything else yet. Is it factory or a mod?

Actually while I am at it, what percent of 911 parts are direct fit on a Cayman?
The seats look like a factory seat based upon the side panel and the side controls, but I have never seen the bolster cutouts before.
Perhaps for a racing harness?

Actually not very many 997 parts are interchangeable with a 987 on an overall percentage basis.
Are you asking specifically about interior parts like seats, etc., or mechanical parts?
Old 11-20-2014, 11:09 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

They look like the factory sport adaptive seats that someone has modified. I hope they didn't use a 6-point harness with those seats!
Old 11-20-2014, 11:59 PM
RedTRex
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokayman
The seats look like a factory seat based upon the side panel and the side controls, but I have never seen the bolster cutouts before.
Perhaps for a racing harness?

Actually not very many 997 parts are interchangeable with a 987 on an overall percentage basis.
Are you asking specifically about interior parts like seats, etc., or mechanical parts?
Curious about all parts compatibility. Other than the engine being flipped and obvious body differences one would logically assume most parts would be similar.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:37 AM
Spokayman
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

RedTRex,
I am not an authority on exactly what parts are the same between the two model lines.
The obvious differences are body panels, glass, most of the interior, engines, trans, suspension, wheels, etc. Engine sizes are different, transmissions configured and geared differently, rear suspension geometry is a bit different.

However there are similar or identical parts used sporadically throughout the cars.
Also, it has been said that the whole front of the car back to the doors is very similar between each model. This is not exactly correct, but there is more that is similar here than in the rest of the cars.

Search for a "PET" (Porsche parts list/diagram) of each model that you are comparing. I believe you can access those on Porsche's website.
Each part for each vehicle has a specific part number, and sometimes the same part number will be used indicating that the part should be the same between the two.

Again, if you have a specific part or system in mind to compare, ask the question and someone will probably have the answer.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:38 PM
morefun
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Optional "Sport Seats" but modified to allow sub straps as RayDbonz mentioned. NIGO. Suggests that the car saw some track use...

Quick Reply: What Seats are These