Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2010 Cayman S PDK Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 05:01 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,815 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by Johns986
Nice car Trojan, if you want to sell the stock wheels email me at johns986@ymail.com , I am interested.
I ordered the OZ wheels so they should get here by next week so I'll email you when I have the stock wheels off and cleaned with pictures.

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Nice Martin! I had a 2009 CS. Great car. Was at the precipice of a 3.8L swap + suspension or GT3. Funny thing is I may end up back there.

Are you thinking swap or just suspension, seats, harness, bar. Definitely do LSD if it didn't already come with it. Even if it did, send to Guard as it won't last

I put about 17k miles and 15 track days on mine and had 0 issues. Good luck and can't wait to see the build!
I was talking to the guys at GSR about building a dedicated track car and I kept going back to the CS since it was somewhat light and mid engine. I took a look at what was out in the market in terms of a 09+ CS PDK car and found a private party seller in San Diego. Car was in an accident but was fixed properly so it enabled me to get a relatively good deal so what the heck. The goal will be to keep the mods bolt-on with the OEM motor. I'll add on mods while tracking it until next summer when I take a break at which time the car will be gutted and caged.

Originally Posted by mooty
1. martin says he will slowly improve the car. LMFAO.... hahahah

2. i suggest you leave this thread asap. otherwise, you might be missing a media room or a roof or a kitchen in the new pad.

3. oh. you haven't driven my biatch have you??? bring the wallet, as i am sure after one drive, you be hunting or donor. we are building car #2 as we speak. stripping party begins tmo at SPM
No reason to do the full build on it now as we are in the heart of track season. I'll do my bolt on mods in the next few months so that'll be out of the way and will primarily have the gut and cage work left in the summer when I take a break from the track.

Originally Posted by Spyerx
After the grin on chasens face after driving yours I'm not surprised.
Not surprised at all. It's a fun car, especially once it has some track mods. You'll be #4.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:24 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I say bite the bullet and do it all at once. You have an RS to use for this season at it will be done by summer.

You will save $$ by doing it all at once and you will be at the end sooner.

Just my .02 after building many race cars
Old 12-22-2014, 06:40 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,815 Likes on 2,174 Posts

So here's an update on the modding so far of what's been installed...

GT3 Master Brake Cylinder
Agency Power SS Brake Lines
GiroDisc Slotted Rotors (Front & Rear) with caliper spacers
Endless ME20 Pads
Motul 660 Fluid
EVOMS Intake
Fabspeed Race Exhaust
18 OZ wheels with RS3 tires (18x8.5 with 255 wide and 18x10 with 285 wide)
Snorkel Removed
Clear Side Markers

The brakes on the car are confidence inspiring with a pedal feel of what my RS brakes feel like. The car has woken up and you can hear it....slight butt dyno increase in power. Here's a picture of the car from Sunday at Buttonwillow (improved my lap time by almost 4 seconds):

Next up is suspension as that was NOT confidence inspiring. The car almost had as much body roll as my Prius. JRZ coilovers and other RSS/Tarett bits are coming in Jan.

Quick Reply: My 2010 Cayman S PDK Build