Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCCB Spec

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 02:38 AM
btwyx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCCB Spec

I'm a bit confused, if anyone has access to the workshop manual, or can point me to where to find it, I'm trying to find the spec on wear for the PCCB rotors.

A little Googling has lead me to think that the spec for the PCCB is by weight. I notice there's a weight stamped on the rotor hats. However, there's also a minimum thickness stamped there, which my rotors don't seem to be meeting, this is confusing me.

With all the discussion of PCCB use on track, I'm planning on monitoring the rotor wear closely, with regard to our use on track. I was looking for a baseline before our first track day (which was due to be this past Sunday), and the rear rotors appear to be under spec. They have "min th. 27.9 mm" on them, which I was taking as a min thickness spec, which is what I'm used to. The problem with that is I measured them as 27.7mm. I'm not totally sure my calipers are totally accurate, but every calibration I can do suggests they're not more than 0.2mm off, which puts the rotors out of spec.

The car was at the dealer today to investigate, and I'm really not satisfied with the explanation I'm getting from them and they claim they're in spec. They seemed to be working off some other spec, which they didn't feel like telling me about. A little Googling suggests the spec is actually weight. The rotors have "5584 g" on them as well as the min th spec. My reasearch indicates that this is the weight as manufactured and that rear rotors could lose 55g before being out of spec.

If that's right, I'm very confused as to why the "min th" spec is stamped on the rotors.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:36 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

i use BOTH number, if one is out of spec, i feel it's out of spec.
but that's my layman's method. i do not know the OFFICIAL definition of "in spec"
you might ping orthojoe on this. he was on pccb

Quick Reply: PCCB Spec