Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Obscure Options for Cayman or Cayman S

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 07:56 PM
denniscasey
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Question about Obscure Options for Cayman or Cayman S

Second time posting and I expect "essential options" has been subject many times, but lacking history on this forum thought I would ask anyhow.

First, are there "obscure" options hidden amongst all the options that are not readily apparent but would be great to have?

Second, thinking of optimizing resale/tradein value (I know depreciation eats your lunch on any car); what are most desireable options I should equip car with not only for my personal enjoyment (that of course varies by person), but for resale value? For instance, my wife loves park assist option which is not high on my list.

Probably would get Cayman S, but still considering Cayman.

Thank you, Dennis
Old 08-10-2014, 09:09 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

Everything looses value. Look at blackbook or similar the previous years. Buy it for yourself and don't worry what value it will have down the road.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:19 PM
gregbj8
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One obscure option group is deviated stitching on seats, steering wheel, and various parts of the dash. Many color choices. They are only available on the dealer's configurator.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

In all seriousness, don't count a single option against future value. You will get nearly zero return on "investment". As mentioned, buy it the way you want it, don't worry about it, and enjoy it.

On topic, make sure if you do deviated stitching, etc. to get ALL the leather pieces done. In the 997, there was a piece just before the shifter that was always forgotten. Not to mention the shift boot itself....
Old 08-16-2014, 08:01 PM
jivemutha
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On Planet-9, there has been a lot of self-deception about getting certain options "to improve resale value." It's refreshing to read the replies above to the OP's question, all telling it like it really is. Given that any option will lose you some money--absolutely none, including PDK, will make you money--you've been given good advice by these folks. Get what you want.

Quick Reply: Question about Obscure Options for Cayman or Cayman S